• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Best comment I've seen on the Giroud link so far.

'Giroud walking through Wolverhampton would have the same effect appearance-wise as Xerxes in 300.'

:icon_lol:

Wouldn’t expect any of them to happen but Origi, Giroud or even Batshuayi would be excellent signings on loan for the rest of the season.

At the moment we are a big pull for a deal like this. Those three above would be mad to remain what there doing and not come here.. (If we had any serious notions form them)

If we were to sign Giroud he would only come here with a pretty hard guarantee that he starts most games. Which would mean Raul or Jota don't play.

I mean I think Giroud is great, with possibly the best hair game in football. But not sure I would want him displacing two long term prospects.

Best comment I've seen on the Giroud link so far.

'Giroud walking through Wolverhampton would have the same effect appearance-wise as Xerxes in 300.'

:icon_lol:

I have no idea what this means.

If we were to sign Giroud he would only come here with a pretty hard guarantee that he starts most games. Which would mean Raul or Jota don't play.

I mean I think Giroud is great, with possibly the best hair game in football. But not sure I would want him displacing two long term prospects.

Spot on.

His beard game is also top notch.

Btw I totally understand the worries about a player like Giroud, he cant play across the forward line like Jota and Raul. So unless we get a player that can, which we wont, then we should keep Leo.

If we're playing two up top regularly then he's a good striker to have.

Is he realistically going to want to come here in the summer though? He must be on well over £100k per week.

On the Batth transfer, does Timmy really believe this to be true

Batth was expected to be part of Nuno Espirito Santo's Premier League squad but was surprisingly allowed to leave in August

Surprisingly allowed to leave? I think it was nailed on he would be departing the club this season

Best reply on Twitter for Giroud:

"If we sign Giroud I'm laminating next year's calendar!"

:D

I'd be very happy if we can sign Giroud. Hope this isn't just a case of Higuain+Chelsea-Giroud=Wolves guesswork

Back