• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Obviously felt they weren’t ripped off enough for Ibe

Paid £3m for Brad Smith too in 2016. He'd played five league games for Liverpool. Since then he's played five league games for Bournemouth and was last seen on loan at Seattle.

Didn't we pay a similar amount for Joe Mason in 2016 ;)

I like Solanke but that's a lot of money for an unproven talent. They could've bought a successful Championship striker for that kind of money...

Didn't we pay a similar amount for Joe Mason in 2016 ;)

I have seen Jigsaw score TWO good goals I'll have you know (and a handful of scuffers, including one vs Villa)

I can’t really pass comment, I’ve never seen him play more than token minutes for Liverpool where he looked out of his depth, but that’s not fair to judge.

But on raw facts, seem a lot of money to pay for someone who has proved nothing in adult football despite a promising youth team record.

Never been impressed with the limited minutes watching Solanke, looked a bag of nails.

e979be4ce804edcc7841adb5e0e60bbd.jpg

Really promising player but that makes our midfield very crowded (especially if Nuno sees Donck as one).

Someone leaving, maybe?

Really promising player but that makes our midfield very crowded (especially if Nuno sees Donck as one).

Someone leaving, maybe?

You'd imagine donck would be on his way given how little he's played

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/766742?twitter=1
Wolverhampton wins race for Diawara
Italy 16:25
Per
Essay

According to Corriere del Mezzogiorno, Wolverhampton are close to hitting Amadou Diawara. The English team agreed with Naples a value of around 35 million euros for the average of 21 years.

The same publication as Wolverhampton has been able to overcome the Fiorentina competition. The viola team was interested in hiring the midfielder, but wanted a loan with a purchase option below 30 million euros, an amount not relevant to Naples.

Formed in the Sequence of Guinea Conakry, Amadou Diawara arrived in Italy in 2015 to play in Bologna. Good appearances led the Naples to bet on the young man of 21 years, with 65 matches in three seasons by the partenopei.

Just came up on SSN that sky in Italy say Roma are in for Dendoncker.

I really don't like the idea of getting rid of a player six months after you got him but hey ho.

I really don't like the idea of getting rid of a player six months after you got him but hey ho.

Sometimes shit doesn't work out....many reasons but whatever the reason if its best to end something then do it rather than keep a player that is going to be unhappy. We had it with JvD.

Sometimes shit doesn't work out....many reasons but whatever the reason if its best to end something then do it rather than keep a player that is going to be unhappy. We had it with JvD.
I don't really disagree but it still feels a bit rotten. Same as the Afobe deal although that was easier to rationalize.

Exactly, no point putting a timeframe on it.

"I don't want this player/he doesn't want to be here....still, can't do it after six months. Better wait an arbitrary six months and waste everyone's time some more"

I don't necessarily buy that he's going btw and I still think long term we see him in the back three rather than in midfield.

I know nothing about Diawara as I don't watch Serie A any more being as it's on the ventriloquist dummy's channel and he's getting none of my money.

I don't really disagree but it still feels a bit rotten. Same as the Afobe deal although that was easier to rationalize.

Afobe is different to this one though isn't it (if true of course). If Donk hasn't settled or Nuno now thinks he isn't all that then sell. No point in paying a player we don't want or doesn't want to stay here. He has a career to look after and we have a Champions League to win...

There's no room for sentiment. If, for any one of a number of possible reasons, Nuno doesn't see a future for him it makes sense to move him on asap whilst potential buyers remember his time in Belgium rather than focus on the fact he can't get a game for us. I would be delighted if we let him and Traore go if it enables us to bring alternatives in. I think it would be hard to spend £18m more ineffectively than on Traore.

If Dendoncker hasn't played (which he hasn't really) then its because Nuno doesn't feel he is ready or doesn't fit.

If we get our money back (& hopefully what he has cost us on top re wages) then we have lost nothing. Worth a punt, but not all signings work out for a number of reasons.

Back