• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Tosun is shite. Calvert Lewin has potential but has 13 goals his whole career. Solanke less but is also potential. Roofe is 25, playing championship is his highest level ever and he has a vastly inferior goal record, he’s average. Eze has 5 goals in 41 games at championship level.

Abraham’s a better bet than all of them tbh.

Linked to Amadou Diawara from Napoli.

Tosun has shown...nothing much at all really.

Plus there's really only room for one Bull at Wolves

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Tosun is shite. Calvert Lewin has potential but has 13 goals his whole career. Solanke less but is also potential. Roofe is 25, playing championship is his highest level ever and he has a vastly inferior goal record, he’s average. Eze has 5 goals in 41 games at championship level.

Abraham’s a better bet than all of them tbh.

Who could argue with such clear thinking as that. Needless to say we don't agree.

How much would Everton accept for Ade Lookman, can play across the line.

Who could argue with such clear thinking as that. Needless to say we don't agree.

Which bits don’t you agree with? That the ones of a similar age have far less goals than Abraham, or that the older ones haven’t achieved much despite having longer careers?

On a positive note, well done for putting up alternatives- it’s easy to diss others views whilst never putting yours up to also be shot at, so I appreciate your suggestions even if I disagree with them.

Best thing for me is that the players we are being linked with - Abraham and the lad from Napoli - are both young and clearly have a re-sale value. Not like Villa paying £12m for a 30 year old Ross McCormack who's played what - half a season? - for them

Best thing for me is that the players we are being linked with - Abraham and the lad from Napoli - are both young and clearly have a re-sale value. Not like Villa paying £12m for a 30 year old Ross McCormack who's played what - half a season? - for them

The price for the lad from Napoli is extortionate IMO. He cant get a game there.

Not saying he's good value, simply that he's 21 and - if he is any good - then clearly he has a resale value. That Villa buy of McCormack must be one of the worst transfers ever

Not saying he's good value, simply that he's 21 and - if he is any good - then clearly he has a resale value. That Villa buy of McCormack must be one of the worst transfers ever

Yet our own 32 year old purchase has been pretty damn good so far. Could probably sell him for the same amount if not more too.

Age is no barometer of value. And buying stats isn't a good way to go either see; Eastwood, Freddie. The players we purchase have to fit and no matter how many goals Abraham has scored he wouldn't have scored last night playing for us as the service was shite.

Also system and expectation of manager are huge. Looked at how Lindaloff looked under Mouriniho to how he has looked in Solskjaer side so far. Another case is Roger Johnson and Scott Dann prime examples, both looked more than competent when in the McLeish side that constantly had two holding cms in front of them and meant they were just making headers and stops. Dann made a reasonable career but mainly in very similar sides. When RJ for us and SD for Blackburn were put in different styles they both struggled.

They had Joe Hart behind them at Blues. That was the big difference.

Scott Dann had an alright time of it at Palace IIRC.

All their managers pre-Hodgson wanted their centre halves to head it and kick it. Nothing more.

Christophe Berra was alright at that.

Edit: Oh, de Boer as well obviously. I have no idea why they appointed him then gave him no money :icon_lol:

The difference was how they set up, 2 centre halves in Dann and Johnson defending deep and screened by 3 holding midfielders in Ferguson, Bowyer and Gardner. You aren't going to concede too many set up like that, equally you aren't going to score many either. They didn't.

All their managers pre-Hodgson wanted their centre halves to head it and kick it. Nothing more.

Christophe Berra was alright at that.

Edit: Oh, de Boer as well obviously. I have no idea why they appointed him then gave him no money :icon_lol:

This was my point. Playing to your players strengths, our at least not highlighting their weaknesses is often missed when fans are moaning about a player there team is signing. Probably little surprise to any of your to then it was Pulis who signed Dann.

If a manager signs a player who clearly doesn't fit in then more fool him.

It's one of the many reasons I don't get Traore, in no way does he fit anything that we do.

Albion interested in Hause now too.

Apparently Wanyama is available from Spurs, not seen him for a while and surprised to see he's only 27. Might be worth looking at, if he's anything like he was.

We were linked with Wallace a year or so ago, he wouldn't have got a work permit then and it's hard to see how he'd get one now.

Back