• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Noises starting that the Hause fee is in the £5m-£7m bracket.

Villa talk will be excellent if both of these deals come off.

Sky now saying we are in talks on this deal (at the same time they have a story running saying he is happy at Villa and wants to stay for the season)

They are certainly covering all the bases aren't they?

I think this has legs.

£18m is surprisingly low tbf, given his record, potential, and the fact he's English. Chelsea are normally pretty good at extracting good money for youngsters too. Haven't studied his style that much tbf just going off his record, but effectively £12m plus Hause is good business.

More from Sky on this - No fee agreed, just the clubs are in talks over a permanent deal.

Chelsea have let a lot of their talent go "cheaply" over the years. Salah, De Bruyne...

I don't think they are exactly value-extractors of the Daniel Levy class.

I think we have gone in with £18m, and we have piqued their interest, but they want a little more, but not so much as to put us off.

I have some doubts over Abraham, just as I had similar doubts before we signed Traore. Having said that, £18m doesn't really mean a lot these days. If he works out then great but if he doesn't then he should have decent resale value (as with Traore). I'm happy to see the squad strengthened, and if it weakens Villa's squad at the same time then that is a bit of a bonus.

Maybe, we also have one eye on our home grown quota in readiness for our Europa League campaign next season...

Never change villa fans.
1e220f01ec3abe2cf06a7ab66f4342a6.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Big club my fucking arse. Championship club. Until that changes they are nothing.

Other journos (most notably Matt Law at the Telegraph) debunking the accepted bid and even saying that Chelsea won't sell this window.

I can see them recalling and loaning to a premier League club, potentially with a fee in mind?

Not much point for Chelsea in keeping him at villa, he either needs to be sold or proved in premier.

I think the accepted bid is defo debunked. However, we are clearly in negotiations according to everyone bar Law as far as I can see. No bid accepted isn't the same as no bid received as I am sure you are well aware. This has something behind it, clearly, and we just have to wait and see.

SSN saying we want a sale now, Chelsea want a loan with buying option. Presumably so that if he does well we pay considerably more.

Right, so you put up a highlights video that's wrong in support of a player?

The video is dreadful as it seems to show a lot of him missing easy chances, running down blind alleys and doing lots of stepovers.

I put a video up that immediately dismisses the suggestions that he just camps out in the opposition six yard area.

He's very young, he's still got a lot to learn - and from what I've seen of him this season, he's improved on last season.

I'd be happy with taking a punt on him TBH, though I appreciate he's not the same kind of player as Raul.

Who should we go for instead then?

A few days ago I posted about Solanke and Roofe who I would be going for. I think there was a general consensus on Eze from QPR (although he's more of a wide man).

I like Tosun and Calvert-Lewis at Everton although I'm not sure they'll let either go, even though Tosun's hardly played.

As a complete long shot the brief bits I've seen of Cutrone at Milan shows he's going to be very good. He's over 6ft and very quick, can play through the middle of out wide and he's limited to sub appearances right now. In the Mendes network too.

All of the above I would prefer to Abraham.

A few days ago I posted about Solanke and Roofe who I would be going for. I think there was a general consensus on Eze from QPR (although he's more of a wide man).

I like Tosun and Calvert-Lewis at Everton although I'm not sure they'll let either go, even though Tosun's hardly played.

As a complete long shot the brief bits I've seen of Cutrone at Milan shows he's going to be very good. He's over 6ft and very quick, can play through the middle of out wide and he's limited to sub appearances right now. In the Mendes network too.

All of the above I would prefer to Abraham.

Tosun is 27, Everton paid £28m for him and the vast majority of his goals have been scored in Turkey. I think most people would see Abraham as a far better bet.

Back