• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I think that the Roma interest is just that and Sky Italia don't exactly have a phenomenal hit-rate. Not to call bollocks on it completely but I am doubtful.

Diawara would be a VERY big signing for us in terms of cash outlay if that figure is right. Crikey.

Isn't Dendoncker on loan from Anderlecht or am I wrong? If he isn't playing then he needs to move on for his own sake.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Is Dendoncker not on loan from Anderlecht or am I wrong? If he isn't playing then he needs to move on for his own sake.

We own him. It was reported a loan then would join us for £12m in the summer but in one of the fans meetings the club confirmed we signed him rather than loaned.

No - we paid £12m rather than a loan, right at the last minute. He is our player.

We own him. It was reported a loan then would join us for £12m in the summer but in one of the fans meetings the club confirmed we signed him rather than loaned.
Oh right. I did not know that. I even double checked a few sites before posting so must have been under the radar for most people then. With that in mind it has been a strange signing then. Is his agent JM?

Oh right. I did not know that. I even double checked a few sites before posting so must have been under the radar for most people then. With that in mind it has been a strange signing then. Is his agent JM?

Don't think JM is his agent. From stuff reported, he returned from the World Cup amazingly out of shape. So by the time he was good to go we were doing ok and players in the positions he can play were doing good. Since he has got in the 18, he has only dropped off the bench once and that was due to him being ill

On the deal, this is from the Minutes of the meeting back in October

Michelle Turner asked why little had been seen so far of Leander Dendoncker, considering he was ‘meant to be a star’. Kevin cleared up any possible confusion by saying he had been bought, not loaned, adding: “He is a Belgian international and a very good player.” Thelwell said that Dendoncker had been bought for the long term and whilst the starting XI had been playing consistently it was difficult for any newer player to break into the team - adding that it was ‘a nice problem to have’.

I would take adding one more to midfield tbh. We don't have a massive squad. And the swamp the midfield tactic against us needs to be addressed.

I still would prefer a wing back and a striker though.

GREEDY ME WANTS THEM ALL.

Don't think JM is his agent. From stuff reported, he returned from the World Cup amazingly out of shape. So by the time he was good to go we were doing ok and players in the positions he can play were doing good. Since he has got in the 18, he has only dropped off the bench once and that was due to him being ill
Cheers for that Kenny.
He's a right Unit too. Did OK when he came on against Chelsea. I thought it may be the start of a new approach and something i actually thought would have worked well against the weaker sides which we still seem to be struggling with.

I’d be gutted if he goes because he’s a quality footballer and he’s only young.

Rob Dorsett said today that we have an obligation in the summer. I am sorry, but that is bollocks. We bought him in August.

That's not what the club said directly - see the parliament minutes. Kevin Thelwell said "he had been bought not loaned".

Belgian press reported in early September that we'd signed him permanently as well.

Wow, I must say that I had no idea that Dendocker had already signed for us.
Seems strange it wasn't properly announced and all that.

Health and Safety gone mad, no doubt.

Wolves official site..... I'm confused. No usual announcement either as somebody mentioned. Certainly not clear as day.
4c8ba475755724ca97b9939c44ced501.jpg

They never bother updating that blurb.

If the Director of Football explicitly says it on the record at a Fans' Parliament then take it as read.

Back