• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

E&S saying Dean smith has told tammy Abraham to snub wolves,stay at the bigger club,and become a villa legend by firing them back into the premier league,and then go somewhere else on loan I guess

Tim says Tammy is signing on loan.

Really unsold on that.

Really unsold on that.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is that it fucks the villa over

Best case, we get a decent finisher who we might be able to buy in the summer.

Interesting that there's no option to buy. Seems like we've just decided Léo isn't good enough and the Adama (obviously) can't play #9 so we want someone to help out Raúl who works his arse off for us.

If it was a permanent as originally suggested I'd be a little weary but I'm fine with this.

Why would he come, though? Unless Nuno really sees something in him I don't think he'll ever start outside of the FA Cup.

Why would he come, though? Unless Nuno really sees something in him I don't think he'll ever start outside of the FA Cup.

As a player you back yourself.

It's not out of the question we could go with him up top with Jimenez and Jota either side. Would give us a lot more goal threat than we have had so far.

I think that is exactly it. Doesn't bode well for Helder and Traore, probably nor Cav either. Saying that, no option to buy at the moment, but I bet there will be in the summer if he does well. If he doesn't no worries.

Plus it helps condemn the B6 massive to the pit of hell in the championship for another season and they will financially implode. Win fucking win.

Works for both parties as discussed.

- We need another striker.
- We don’t want to commit to someone who is unproven at the top level.
- Chelsea don’t want to let someone go/agree a fee as they might regret it.
- Chelsea want to get him minutes at the top level to develop the talent.
- We May potentially be in a better market (either value or quality) in the summer.

As a player you back yourself.

It's not out of the question we could go with him up top with Jimenez and Jota either side. Would give us a lot more goal threat than we have had so far.

Think if he's likely to start any games alongside Jimenez it's more likely to be with a more withdrawn player between them, as MGW has been with Jimenez and Jota previously but have a second out and out striker to play more like a traditional pair probably frees Jota to try his hand in the more withdrawn role which I think he often played at Porto?

Happy with the loan deal and he ups our strike power as well. No standing still in this division, if Helder and Adama and even Cav fail to produce they will be moved on. Just look at Burnley as a benchmark of what happens when you stand still.

Think if he's likely to start any games alongside Jimenez it's more likely to be with a more withdrawn player between them, as MGW has been with Jimenez and Jota previously but have a second out and out striker to play more like a traditional pair probably frees Jota to try his hand in the more withdrawn role which I think he often played at Porto?

Yeah this could be an option for us. Also after an international break when Raul has travelled back late will relieve some pressure of having to start him.

I’m pretty happy with a loan deal, and if he does well I’m sure we will look into buying him. He’s clearly too good for the Championship, he has a fantastic goal record at this level. Now he has the chance to sign for a half decent PL team whereas he never really stood a chance at Swansea despite a decent start for him last season.

it'd be a shame if we can't make a player out of Dendoncker, clearly held in high regard by many top sides and his national team- he must be seeing himself as more than a cover player at Wolves, he could do the same elsewhere and play in UCL/EL for many teams either as a starter or the bench

I'm not sold on Abraham but if he's coming here on loan at least we have the chance to bin him off if he fails.

I still think we don't have the right quality in our scouting department to look for top class players.

I'm ok with this as long as there aren't any guarantees over playing time. As for Villa they did the same to Sunderland this time last year with Grabban, so what goes round...

The way I see it Abraham is better than Bonatini ergo our squad is stronger

Jota played mainly as one of a pair of strikers at Porto IIRC.

Back