• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

It's not market rate, fewer than 40 players in the entire history of world football have moved for £50m+. Raul is not a tier behind them, as good as I think he is.

I do trust our scouts (I don’t play FM anymore so my international football knowledge is poor these days). And I’ve not said I want “proven PL player”. I just don’t reckon a 24yr old doing ok In a poor Portuguese team/league is going to be any better than Costa/Jota/Cav who are all cheaper, younger and better CVs.

Now just off the top of my head, I’d rather we sign Lozano who isn’t “proven PL” but has a solid CV and wouldn’t be that much more expensive. (Now please don’t go into the intricacies - “PSV wont sell him”, “he wouldn’t come” etc. I’m just using this as an example to say we can spend a bit more money and get someone who I’m more confident will improve the first team.

yeah that's pretty much where I'm at. If we're discussing dropping 40m, lets really go for it. surely for 50m-60m we can get someone a step above.

Raul went to Benfica for £20m. There is absolutely no way Benfica can double their money on a player who spent his time there largely on the bench. It’s either not true, Shi/Laurie/whoever have had a howler or we are working in Mendes currency.

Its 30 million euros. Which at the time we brought him in would have been something like £25m. Blame T-Bag for it being £29m plus now.

Is that saying we’re going to sign Raúl for that amount, or that that’s the option price?

It is the option price. We pay that before a certain date, we definitely get him. Nothing to stop us waiting until the day after and offering less, or indeed offering less now, but that would allow other bidders into play.

Someone said €38m. €30m is slightly more realistic. But they certainly shouldn’t be turning a 50% profit on a reserve.

Its 30 million euros. Which at the time we brought him in would have been something like £25m. Blame T-Bag for it being £29m plus now.

It's not. It's €38m less €3m.

Capturar-39.png

It is the option price. We pay that before a certain date, we definitely get him. Nothing to stop us waiting until the day after and offering less, or indeed offering less now, but that would allow other bidders into play.

Thanks Paddy, I thought maybe I’d missed a doumbia style loan conversion!

Assist from Nakajima as Portimonense leads 1-0 at Porto Stadium.

That starts getting WAAAAAAY more expensive than we would want to pay. Jorge, cut a deal...

I reckon we will end up getting him in the summer for £25-27m. Profit for Benfica.

If it goes to beyond £30m then I think it becomes less of a value and then we could see Fosun instructing Jorge to to find an alternative. I would do the deal at £30m, but that is the limit (not that it is my money obviously)

Back