• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I reckon we will end up getting him in the summer for £25-27m. Profit for Benfica.

If it goes to beyond £30m then I think it becomes less of a value and then we could see Fosun instructing Jorge to to find an alternative. I would do the deal at £30m, but that is the limit (not that it is my money obviously)

Don't think Benfica would accept less than 30 or maybe 35.

We may see something along the line of Jimenez for close to his sale clause but some other loan without fee/discount clause.

Exactly.

Wolves overpays for Jimenez and underpays for someone else, either Benfica or from one other Mendes' friends.

35m for Raul, 5m for Ruben Dias?

Its from a calciomercato story and rehashed.

Uncle Jorge knows our minimum asking price is £110m and Juve won't pay that.

He needs to sort his shit out if he wants a move to a Champs League club. Such a poor run of form from him at the moment. He also won't be sold in January.

Really? I couldn't understand people saying he had a poor game on Sunday. We are just in a situation where teams are wary to his long range passing and shutting those options off quicker. I'd like to see him play passes into the forwards feet more often but again, he gets to do that to Jota more often as he moves into those spaces better. His defensive work is still excellent.

His range of passing seems nowhere near the level it was at last season.

Really? I couldn't understand people saying he had a poor game on Sunday. We are just in a situation where teams are wary to his long range passing and shutting those options off quicker. I'd like to see him play passes into the forwards feet more often but again, he gets to do that to Jota more often as he moves into those spaces better. His defensive work is still excellent.

Really. Neves at the moment is nowhere near the Neves we know and expect. From the Watford game I have not been impressed with his performances at all.

His range of passing seems nowhere near the level it was at last season.

A lot of my mates who are bog standard top 4 football fans are really disappointed with him. They had to put up with me waxing lyrical about him for all of last season so were expecting big things. A lot of them think he's been "found out" now he has "less time on the ball".

I think he'll come good, but for me it's just lazy journalism linking an obvious big name player to a top European club. I personally can't see him going anywhere, certainly not as soon as January - he needs to become more consistent at the highest level, and he and his young family probably won't want to move again so soon. He has plenty of time on his side.

He is 21. He has struggled when our system has struggled IMO. I think he has had two or three poor games but nowhere near as bad as people have made out.

I know we have high expectations. I just think he is doing pretty well with plenty more to come.

I think the Derby goal at the end of last season kind of raised expectations in the wrong way too. I keep hearing from fans of other teams that Neves has been underperforming, at least in part, because they've seen him spanner so many shots high and wide this season, when they'd heard he was this lethal long-range goalscorer as well as a fantastic deep-lying playmaker. And of course he never really has been a reliable source of goals, it's just that when your only shots are from that range then by definition the few that go in are going to look impressive.

He is 21. He has struggled when our system has struggled IMO. I think he has had two or three poor games but nowhere near as bad as people have made out.

I know we have high expectations. I just think he is doing pretty well with plenty more to come.

The age of our best players from last season is something which has been massively overlooked in people's assessment of those players. Look at Jota as an example - he has probably never been on a run without scoring like the one he had with us. That's something that will affect any player - nevermind one so young. Neves dominated midfields comprising players 5-10 years more experienced than him last year. Now he's playing in the best league in the world. I'm sure it will come good for him.

Other thing you probably need to factor in that he's 21 and has a new baby at home (I think). Christ's sake, when we had two young kids I just wanted to go to work, lie on my desk and fall asleep

Regardless of age etc it is not harsh or wrong to say his form right now is not great. That isn't me having a pop or going over the top with him, just something I have seen with my own eyes but, just like Jota, I have no concerns that he will return to the kind of form he is capable of and will leave us for a huge chunk of money in the near future

Regardless of age etc it is not harsh or wrong to say his form right now is not great. That isn't me having a pop or going over the top with him, just something I have seen with my own eyes but, just like Jota, I have no concerns that he will return to the kind of form he is capable of and will leave us for a huge chunk of money in the near future
Agree. He has been really poor from Watford to now.

He can absolutely turn it around but he's being made to earn it at the moment.

yeah I can't imagine what Neves has shown this year to warrant a big money move to a top European club, he's not going to be purchased based on his Championship performance. I don't even think he should be starting right now.

as others have said I think he'll get *much* better but he's certainly not there, form or not. going somewhere to "develop" on a bench or to ping around on loans would make no sense.

He's not been anything like as bad as people are making out.

He didn't have a "bad" game on Sunday, he was shite against Huddersfield but so was everyone bar Coady and Vinagre.

He's not been anything like as bad as people are making out.

He didn't have a "bad" game on Sunday, he was shite against Huddersfield but so was everyone bar Coady and Vinagre.

giphy.gif

Back