• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I'd be happy to give up on Traore now and cut our losses but I seriously doubt that will happen. He's our record signing and Nuno seriously pushed for him - he's going to stick with him for at least a season. Even if these rumours are false it does look like we are seeking a new IF and Costa would be the one in danger most definitely.

If I were to spend a huge chunk of money regardless of budget (of which Shi and Dalrymple have both said they are trying to stay within FFP regulation) on something which isn't going to yield immediate results or at the very least show promise that I've made the right decision then people within my business would be rightly fucked off.

If I did it at home then the wife would be fucking livid and I'd be sleeping outside with the mouse corpses the cat keeps bringing to us.

Would FFP be balanced however if we sold players? I thought that it would? So that heightens my spidey senses with regard to Neves. Its just a hunch but what would happen if Juventus came with 50m plus?

Not wishing to derail the thread here or even start a new debate. Just think that we should keep an eye on that one even if he has signed a 5 year deal.

I'm a fan of his, tbf. He'd actually fit the role MGW played last game very well - but I don't want someone who would get in the way of his development. Agree it is just most likely agent talk.

Yep, he's a good player and I would have been interested when he went to them. Not now though, MGW is better and will be much better long term.

Yeah, if we can't all say they're great then they should be sacked. Barmy logic.

All players signed by any club come with an element of risk. Our scouts are no different to those of any other club. I'm not quite sure what your point is here, tbf. You said we shouldn't "trust them", but then in the same breath, hardly any of us have seen much, if any, of Nakajima - so we have no other option than to trust the scouts opinion.

I also said I'm fairly confident it was Nuno that wanted Traore, which you ignored.

We should have money coming in for Afobe, let's not forget. £12m or so I think was the last number bandied around?

We should have money coming in for Afobe, let's not forget. £12m or so I think was the last number bandied around?

Jan 1st Afobe officially joins Stoke for £12m

I wonder how much Fosun have paid to sponsor the training ground. Should cover some of our transfer business

Jan 1st Afobe officially joins Stoke for £12m
... and Stoke must be delighted with signing a striker that has 1 goal in his last 11 games in the Championship for £12m (the same price we are getting a young, Belgium international for).

Would FFP be balanced however if we sold players? I thought that it would? So that heightens my spidey senses with regard to Neves. Its just a hunch but what would happen if Juventus came with 50m plus?

Not wishing to derail the thread here or even start a new debate. Just think that we should keep an eye on that one even if he has signed a 5 year deal.

£50m wouldn't even come close. We have publicly stated it would take a bid of £110m to even get us to acknowledge it.

£50m wouldn't even come close. We have publicly stated it would take a bid of £110m to even get us to acknowledge it.

Cool, thats good. I would hate to lose him too soon. No doubt he will move on but I would like to see more of him in the premier league. He hasnt quite fired yet but I believe he will and soon.

... and Stoke must be delighted with signing a striker that has 1 goal in his last 11 games in the Championship for £12m (the same price we are getting a young, Belgium international for).

The young Belgian international who has contributed even less to date?

Raul does at least know the rules of football though.

Bit harsh on Johnny that.

I like Jimenez and hope we can sort a deal out for him to join permanently - not at that price though, way too much money.

He’s on track now to contribute to about 25 goals for us. More and more I think he will be worth it. Especially for someone playing their first season in this country and league having not even been a regular for the past couple of seasons

We're going to pay €38m for Raul according to this:

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-lig...19.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

At least it will give Johnny another record signing fee to moan about.

giphy.gif

Contributing to goals.

He has scored four, has five assists (six if you count his saved header at Cardiff being knocked in on the rebound) and has won a penalty too (which should count as an assist).

Back