• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Timbo says there’s nothing in the Nakajima link.

Nakajima has been linked with Champion's League sides, AFAIK. Getting him would be a bit of coup, from that perspective.

It's that time of year when I should refollow Timmy 1, unfortunately.

Nakajima has been linked with Champion's League sides, AFAIK. Getting him would be a bit of coup, from that perspective.
Depends which Champions League sides you're talking about really.

Depends which Champions League sides you're talking about really.
I always find that a strange term. Like being linked with Young Boys or AEK this year would be more impressive than Arsenal or Chelsea.

I always find that a strange term. Like being linked with Young Boys or AEK this year would be more impressive than Arsenal or Chelsea.
Exactly, getting linked with a regular in the CL knock out stages would be a big thing but there are plenty of pretty irrelevant clubs that make the group stages fairly regularly. I don't think those sorts would be as desirable as any PL club, why pick 6 high profile games a season over 38?

The club's mentioned in this are Atletico and Dortmund. I think they are both decent.

I have no idea how good he is. However I’m not sure at 24 his pedigree is that strong and At £18m is he going to be any better than Jota who is significantly younger and more pedrigree.

A lot of money for a “gamble”, but it’s the sort of gamble clubs like Monaco, Dortmund etc. take with less risk attached as they are already strong clubs in weak leagues.

I have no idea how good he is. However I’m not sure at 24 his pedigree is that strong and At £18m is he going to be any better than Jota who is significantly younger and more pedrigree.

A lot of money for a “gamble”, but it’s the sort of gamble clubs like Monaco, Dortmund etc. take with less risk attached as they are already strong clubs in weak leagues.

You talking about Traore or the Japanese lad?

You talking about Traore or the Japanese lad?

Think you know the answer to that one [emoji6]

We knew what we were getting with Traore, but let’s not get in to that.

This chap could just be another beige 6/10 forward for us to waste £18m on (?again) and stand still. I’d say that there is either a) better value out there b) players with better pedigree available

Think you know the answer to that one [emoji6]

We knew what we were getting with Traore, but let’s not get in to that.

This chap could just be another beige 6/10 forward for us to waste £18m on (?again) and stand still. I’d say that there is either a) better value out there b) players with better pedigree available

In fairness, Traore wasn't being linked to top level clubs when we came in for him.

Nakajima is a tremendous talent. Has been linked with tons of clubs. He would be Wolves second best IF if he joined imo. This season he already destroyed Sporting Lisbon scoring 2 goals and making 2 assists on 4-2 win.

His current club is kind of Porto dumpster/incubator so I always thought he would end up there. Seems like Mendes is already operating behind enemy lines.

Nakajima is a tremendous talent. Has been linked with tons of clubs. He would be Wolves second best IF if he joined imo. This season he already destroyed Sporting Lisbon scoring 2 goals and making 2 assists on 4-2 win.

His current club is kind of Porto dumpster/incubator so I always thought he would end up there. Seems like Mendes is already operating behind enemy lines.

Is that 2nd best behind MGW?

OR we could trust our scouts.

You can't go out and sign 'proven' Premier League players every time. Not in our position.

Anyway, this is another Timbo v A Bola fight to the death. Spiers is adamant there's nothing in it and A Bola think it's done and dusted.

OR we could trust our scouts.

You can't go out and sign 'proven' Premier League players every time. Not in our position.

Anyway, this is another Timbo v A Bola fight to the death. Spiers is adamant there's nothing in it and A Bola think it's done and dusted.

You mean like we trust them with Traore?

This, 'we must trust them' is crap. They've done a reasonable job buying Portuguese players and those in the Mendes network but outside of that we've not got a great track record. It's early days though and this lad may be brilliant. I seems odd to be going for a player in the same position as Traore, almost like an admission of failure.

I would've thought we'd be in for another striker in the mould of Raul and a RWB to compete/ replace Doc. We seem to have everything else covered.

Traore is our plan B, which worked fine at the start of the season. I can see exactly why our scouts and wolves wanted him - he is very different to our other IFs and different for a reason. Anyway there is a different thread for exactly this sort of nonsense.

Back