• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

I wonder if taking somebody like Clyne who could play RWB as well as RB could give Nuno a change in formation option too. Switching to a 4-2-3-1 may give us a different way of playing against teams whilst still keeping the same ethics of the team.

Good point. Or a left back as Jonny could definitely play right back in a back four.

Nuno won’t be changing the shape at the back in the near future mind.

Good point. Or a left back as Jonny could definitely play right back in a back four.

Nuno won’t be changing the shape at the back in the near future mind.

I wonder if he won't change shape because he can't. We have been linked to full backs for a while now and I wonder if it is to be flexible. He did play 4-2-3-1 in both his previous roles and I wonder if it would be fairly easy to implement for his team.

But then this is Nuno and he's as flexible as concrete.

I understand that he wants to play a certain way and that is fine when its working, but times change and sometimes you need to adapt to certain circumstances. I hope that he's not too proud to accept this and make changes for the good of the club otherwise he may get replaced and the whole dream goes down the pan.

I don’t think Nuno is massively inflexible - I think he likes to work within this shape. Even within this we can be flexible - push further up the pitch to compress space in the opposition half, push the wing backs inside to support the midfield, or likewise with the IF’s.

I think we’ll do more of that in the upcoming periods, but I doubt we’ll Change the 3-4-3.

Doubt Nuno will change the system to be honest but think Clyne would be a big improvement as long as he can stay fit.

Big yes to Clyne or Moses for me. Surely we’ll be looking at a forward too after such a poor return from most of them this season

According to Portuguese newspaper, we're after Nakajima from Portimonense.

Then transfer should be around 20M €.

I saw him play a few weeks ago. He's about 3'4''.

Yep, very small at 5ft 4.

He isn't a Mendes client, for what it is worth.

He's very good though. Winger with a good goal average.

33 games, 10 goals last season. 11 games and 5 goals on this season

It's telling that we are looking at people for the forward positions such as this bloke, Keita Balde, and Origi.

Hopefully we might see some activity for a wing back as well. Despite Timbo's protestations, I don't think we will be that quiet in January.

I'm sure we will be trying to get players in, but January is notorious for the struggle to get those signings over the line.

"A Bola" is saying that the transfer should be complete very soon.

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/762616

Maybe you guys can get a readable automatic translation?

"A Bola" lost a lot of it's credibility with regards to Wolves transfers in the last window. Got more wrong then right.

Having said that, this one came out of no where, so they might have heard something. This translation cracked me up -

"The harassment has been enormous, so it will be difficult to secure it, but we only release it for an irrefutable proposal,"

Portimonense's chairman has confirmed that we're in talks with Shoya Nakajima. '80% in Wolverhampton' whatever that means.

80% in Wolverhampton. That's what, 4 foot 3?

Back