• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

Because with all that training he's had, if he were smart he'd be much more tactically aware.

And thank you for recognising my sexiness, your eyes aren't painted on.

How do you know he’s not “smart”?

You’re a smart (sexy, charismatic etc) chap and I bet you’re fucking shit on the football pitch. It’s like comparing apples & oranges.

Do we *really* have to do this Traore debate again?

Aitor Karanka may be a horse faced weirdo but there was a reason why he used to make Adama switch wings at half time, so he was constantly in earshot.

Aitor Karanka may be a horse faced weirdo but there was a reason why he used to make Adama switch wings at half time, so he was constantly in earshot.

Yet Pulis let him do his thing (basically run and run and run and I am happy as someone will get on the end of the hoofs clear) and got the best out of him and didn;t need to babysit him. Maybe Adama couldn't hack being a 2nd full back in the ultra defensive ways of Mr K.

I mentioned it on the arsenal match day thread,when MGW hits the crossbar at the death,traore is about 5 yards out,back to goal just watching what's going on,and not expecting it to come back off the bar,I know you can't read everything that's going on,but surely a half decent forward would be prepared just in case,or at least be facing the goal

Yet Pulis let him do his thing (basically run and run and run and I am happy as someone will get on the end of the hoofs clear) and got the best out of him and didn;t need to babysit him. Maybe Adama couldn't hack being a 2nd full back in the ultra defensive ways of Mr K.

Pulis is a strange man, we know that. He was fine with Palace playing with wingers - even years ago he had Liam Lawrence as a key player at Stoke and he was a proper show pony - but then signed a load of wingers for Albion and never played them. With Boro I think he saw he was the only player they had in the entire squad with any pace whatsoever so just let him do his thing. I won't back Karanka up, you know what I think of him.

You boys are obsessed - every thread turns into Adama...

Homoeroticism, innit.

You boys are obsessed - every thread turns into Adama...

Makes a change from it being Doherty I guess (who we are now hoping recovers from his face ache...ah shit I have just Doc'd this thread again?)

Think of the massive void that Stearman and Edwards filled for years. Something had to replace them.

I mentioned it on the arsenal match day thread,when MGW hits the crossbar at the death,traore is about 5 yards out,back to goal just watching what's going on,and not expecting it to come back off the bar,I know you can't read everything that's going on,but surely a half decent forward would be prepared just in case,or at least be facing the goal
Is he crap, he was given offside but it was very very debatable whether he's actually was. He could have been paying more attention, but he had just set him up.

Not sure about that - at the Battle of the Riverside he faced Douglas in the first half nearest the dugouts and Doherty/Bennett in the second on the same flank so was still been babysat to a degree.

If Traore had a better footballing brain he wouldn't be at wolves, he'd be at a top club, that's the reason we have him. End of

Watching Serge Gnabry playing for Germany last night then thinking not good enough for a Tony Pulis side.

Wolves linked with stupid money for Scott McKenna . As a Celtic fan I was shitting it when we were linked with him for £3.5m in the summer as anytime I have seen him he has been chronic.
Moussa Dembele and Edward Osbourne both tore him a new A hole. The guy is a donkey.

Watching Serge Gnabry playing for Germany last night then thinking not good enough for a Tony Pulis side.

Gnabry is very good player, he would be an improvement on what we have now.

Gnabry is very good player, he would be an improvement on what we have now.

I agree completely a player that takes defenders into areas of the pitch they don't want to go, opening up the space for the runners. You cant beat a bit of craft and a shrewd brain when your looking for an ideal mix up top.

Bayern won't sell him, he's a regular this season.

I was impressed with the Dutch right back Kenny Tete who found some interesting attacking positions and used the ball well. Currently playing his club football at Olympique Lyonnais not seen enough of him to say if he would be a viable option at right wing back for Wolves.

How much do we think Chelsea would ask for Giroud?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back