• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

How much do we think Chelsea would ask for Giroud?

He's of negligible transfer value as he's 32 and out of contract at the end of the season. With them still competing on four fronts though, him being on £100k+ a week and Morata being a Torres impressionist, it's not even vaguely realistic though.

He's of negligible transfer value as he's 32 and out of contract at the end of the season. With them still competing on four fronts though, him being on £100k+ a week and Morata being a Torres impressionist, it's not even vaguely realistic though.
Aye. Do you think it's fair to say that, in terms of ability, Giroud is the hypothetical best we could do this winter?

Not that I'm saying we should bench Raúl but our depth up front is certainly a concern for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sarri has already said he values Giroud. Won't happen.

Rumours (Football Italia) we're going to take over Keita Balde's loan from Monaco to Inter. €5M loan fee, €30M permanent at the end of the season.

Rumours (Football Italia) we're going to take over Keita Balde's loan from Monaco to Inter. €5M loan fee, €30M permanent at the end of the season.

That would (potentially) be an excellent deal.

Another La Masia graduate. Seems to have done ok with Lazio and Monaco. Nothing as yet at Milan though.

His lack of output at Inter is mildly concerning but he was pretty ridiculous at times for Monaco last season. If Inter are willing to give him up, I think we could do way, way worse.

ESPN linking us to Mbaye Diagne from some turkish side.

Juventus the latest club linked to Neves.

We're obviously not going to sell in this window though.

Joe Lolley even though he's 26 and a winger by trade Im sure could play as an inside forward (no sod that lets get Zaha)

I think we would be more likely to go for someone like Victor Moses as a wing back to give the width.

Arjen Robben is leaving Bayern in the summer...

I think we would be more likely to go for someone like Victor Moses as a wing back to give the width.
If we signed Adama and Moses in the space of six months I think Dan's head would explode.

Fulham are after Clyne. I'd be all over that if he's not broken.

I would too. Very good defender who’d give us good width and a better crosser than Doc.

However, always conscious of taking players who’ve gone downhill at bigger clubs, not sure it works out that often.

I would too. Very good defender who’d give us good width and a better crosser than Doc.

However, always conscious of taking players who’ve gone downhill at bigger clubs, not sure it works out that often.

I wonder if taking somebody like Clyne who could play RWB as well as RB could give Nuno a change in formation option too. Switching to a 4-2-3-1 may give us a different way of playing against teams whilst still keeping the same ethics of the team.

Back