• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

We don't have fullbacks who are ours to make that work.

We won’t be changing the defensive structure either ha!

I still think Dendoncker would make an excellent CM. His highlights video was all full of great play in that area more than anywhere else.

We don't have fullbacks who are ours to make that work.
It's not one or the other. Clearly the priority is another wing back, and who knows - that person may be also able to play at full back. For the level we want to get to, another CB wouldn't surprise me but I'm guessing that's for the summer. Two new players in Jan would do the job, a wing back and an attacking player.

It's not one or the other. Clearly the priority is another wing back, and who knows - that person may be also able to play at full back. For the level we want to get to, another CB wouldn't surprise me but I'm guessing that's for the summer. Two new players in Jan would do the job, a wing back and an attacking player.

Of course it's one or the other. We don't have the players that City do and their the only team I can see that can switch from 3 to 4 at the back.

Spurs can too if everyone's fit (which is increasingly rare with them these days)

Chelsea? Or do you mean without making any subs

And we aren't going to start changing it now. Nuno wants to play this way, and it has suited us pretty damn fine in his tenure so far. The last thing I want to see is 4-4-2 Mike Bassett homages in gold and black.

Its not even up for debate, the whole club now plays 3-4-3, we ain't changing the 3 at the back while Nuno is still at the club.

What sort of manager does Nuno think he is? Dean Saunders could play four different formations in the first half!

Well I don't think a CB would be out the picture come next summer, I don't think we have as much strength in this position as others too. However this isn't the priority in January.

Plus I'm not saying we should switch to 4 at the back, just that it's completely off the table right now with our players. More versatility wouldn't be a bad option.

Who do we think currently would play the Coady position if he was to be injured ?

Back