• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

We won't make Europe - 9th to 14th is where we will end up

I'm not offering odds as I don't bet (I used to fund Bookies as a Bank Manager & I know who wins)

*mic drops*

Log off now. Your internet work for the night is done.

Hey, I might make my money from 2007 back here! You don't know what I'm going to order...

We won't make Europe - 9th to 14th is where we will end up

I'm not offering odds as I don't bet (I used to fund Bookies as a Bank Manager & I know who wins)

We won't be lower than 12th. And we are rightly odds on to be in the top half.

I said 12th at the start of the season and that still feels about right. I do think we could be 8th if we start to convert our chances, only the obvious and Everton who I think are better sides than us.

Top 10 is doable IMO, Europe isn't. We let too many poor goals in, and don't score enough to have consistent enough results.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that we'll match or even better Burnley's points (54) from last season, and they qualified for Europe. But not everyone else is as much of a shambles this year.

Objectively speaking we are not as good as Everton, are we.

Everton sacked two managers last season because they were shit.

Interesting debate.
Saiss can go for me, even though I loved him last year. This would mean additional game time for MGW for me.
I think Hause is superb, and want him to succeed here. He signed a new deal last year I think, long term too wasn't it? Hopefully he stays and breaks into the team himself at some point.
Suspect we'll sign a wide forward personally. Jiminez is the real deal imo. We'll upgrade on him in summer 2020.
Don't think we'll make a euro spot personally, and in a way with our squad size, part of me hopes we don't for another year.

Tony Towner hit the proverbial nail when we went out the carabao cup. This resulted in reduced game time for a number of players until january, and that'll become FA cup dependent.

Interesting debate.
Saiss can go for me, even though I loved him last year. This would mean additional game time for MGW for me.
I think Hause is superb, and want him to succeed here. He signed a new deal last year I think, long term too wasn't it? Hopefully he stays and breaks into the team himself at some point.
Suspect we'll sign a wide forward personally. Jiminez is the real deal imo. We'll upgrade on him in summer 2020.
Don't think we'll make a euro spot personally, and in a way with our squad size, part of me hopes we don't for another year.

Tony Towner hit the proverbial nail when we went out the carabao cup. This resulted in reduced game time for a number of players until january, and that'll become FA cup dependent.

Squad size is relevant - don't often bother with a programme, but did buy one at Arsenal on Sunday.

Full list of the first team squad listed on the back. Ours has 25 names (though that includes the likes of Giles, Ashley-Seal, Watt & Goncalves) theirs has 28

If Saiss was keen to leave and a club came in for him for around £3-4m I think we'd accept tbh. Depends what his attitude is - he may enjoy being a part of this squad.
He looked happy enough at the end of the Arsenal game. He was excitedly waving at his family in the away end.

The shitfest that is the Birmingham Mail has said the trialist RB that we played in the friendly yesterday was Andrew Lyons - an 18 year old who plays for Bohemians. He's captained Bohemians under 19's and has played in the Champions League at youth level.

They're also suggesting that we may be back in for Rojo in January. I hope not.

They're also suggesting that we may be back in for Rojo in January. I hope not.

Back in, we weren't in for him in the first place.

No chance.

I'd rather have Bailly who he is also supposed to be trying to sell.

We don't need another centre half.

We currently have Hause and Dendoncker who have not palyed a single league minute and Saiss who just played in a WC as a CB. We’re also not exactly a sieve at the back.

Rojo will not be happening

Back