• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Winter 2018/19 Transfer Thread

We have better than Bailly or Rojo already.
Suspect we'll be looking at forwards, and possibly a wing back in January, with other focus on shifting other players out (that's you EEL/Iorfa).

He played in their last Champions League game, I doubt he'll want to rush down the M6.

Yeah a dead rubber against his home town club.

He's generally not been in their squad and has played just 90 mins of league football this season.

Don't want Zinchenko, he's not good enough a player to mess us around like he did and still be an option. If he was an exceptional talent that we wouldn't be able to pass up the opportunity to sign he could maybe get away with it but he's not and he made it clear he didn't want to come.

Don't want Zinchenko, he's not good enough a player to mess us around like he did and still be an option. If he was an exceptional talent that we wouldn't be able to pass up the opportunity to sign he could maybe get away with it but he's not and he made it clear he didn't want to come.

I agree, i don't like that he turned us down. I just think we will go back in. We've proven we aren't relegation fodder, and Man City have underlined they don't want him by the amount of game time they have given him.

I don't have an issue that he turned us down, if you are not 100% on something at the time, don't do it. My issue is more how we let it drag on for weeks and left ourselves open to being left with no time should anything go wrong. We should have walked away around 3 weeks before the deadline day

I don't have an issue that he turned us down, if you are not 100% something at the time, don't do it. My issue is more how we let it drag on for weeks and left ourselves open to being left with no time should anything go wrong. We should have walked away around 3 weeks before the deadline day

Yes definitely, we were naive there, left ourselves with no time. By all accounts he had said he was going to sign and then changed his mind, but no way it should have dragged on for so long.

Yeah, the club definitely shouldn't have let it drag on so long, however as EP says above the player the day before basically committed to signing and having a medical the following day. So aside from the club leaving it late - he's messed us about.

Players changing their minds after sleeping on it happens all the time. Gerrard did it with Chelsea.
Something didn't feel right for him so better he says no than we pay £16m for a player whose head is in the wrong place. Yes it screwed our plans up but that is our own fault.

Players changing their minds after sleeping on it happens all the time. Gerrard did it with Chelsea.
Something didn't feel right for him so better he says no than we pay £16m for a player whose head is in the wrong place. Yes it screwed our plans up but that is our own fault.

But once that happens I would expect the club to move on to other targets. I think there is a case to be made that if its an exceptional circumstance where you have a player you cant really pass up the chance to sign does it, it might be a different story, Zinchenko hasn't really proven anything you're signing him for his potential - there are other players who we could get in this bracket to make it not worth perusing him.

We have better than Bailly or Rojo already.
Suspect we'll be looking at forwards, and possibly a wing back in January, with other focus on shifting other players out (that's you EEL/Iorfa).

I agree about Rojo, but I think Bailly is excellent and will develop further, I’d love us to sign him.

From sky

WOLVES WANT PERMANENT DEAL

Jonny Otto, known to his friends (and shirt providers) as Jonny, has impressed at left wing-back for Wolves this season, having joined on loan from Atletico Madrid in the summer.

And the club now want to keep him permanently, reports AS, which also states Atletico would want an increase on the £6.8m they shelled out to sign him from Celta Vigo only four months ago.

"An increase" is an understatement! What do we think? Must be north of €20m, right?

Would be a quality signing on a permanent but not convinced that Atletico aren't going to want to use him in their first team starting next season.

If there was any way we could get that deal done we should move heaven and earth to secure it.

I'm sticking by my no evidence assumption that we utilised the Mendes system to sign Jonny and he will join us next summer for a hefty fee.

Yes definitely, we were naive there, left ourselves with no time. By all accounts he had said he was going to sign and then changed his mind, but no way it should have dragged on for so long.

Who could've predicted we would fuck up a deadline day signing like we did, i mean, it hadn't happened before had it?

I agree about Rojo, but I think Bailly is excellent and will develop further, I’d love us to sign him.

I do too, he'd be a right sided Boly. Problem is we bought the Donk to play there.

I think we'll be in for a wing back, an inside forward and centre forward. At least one of them on loan with a view to buy in the summer.

Like said before, could we be in for a CB to give an option to move to 4 at the back more often given none of us are happy with the current lot in a back 4?

Back