• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I'm getting my son a Vita for xmas and I will be sure to play alot on it.

I adore my vita. Little big planet will be good. Fifa 13 will take most of my time till Assassins creed liberation on the vita as well.

Folks - need some advice. I've always had a wired connection to Xbox live (old style console) but my new broadband setup means I need to go wireless.

I'm looking at prices for the wireless adapters - is there anything I need to be aware of? Seen some on eBay for £15 which would do very nicely indeed.

Also - do they work okay? Has anyone experienced any issues with them?

Also - do they work okay? Has anyone experienced any issues with them?

I got the Xbox branded one for about £16 around 3yrs back and never had a problem with it

Last edited:
Yes, it's a branded one but I'm not forking out £50 for one!

No idea why they didn't make the first models wifi compatible - silly beggars.

I think I'll order one of the ones I've seen - loads of them left on Buy It Now deals.

Also thinking of getting the new F1 game as I don't have a driving game at the mo.

What are the F1 games like? I'm not a die hard Nando-esque F1 nerd but quite enjoy it without knowing much about the technical side of it. Would I still enjoy it?

I like F1 but these games get quite repetitive very quickly in my opinion.

I remember the very first properly licensed F1 game on the PS1 - I loved that. I remember the crashes - the wings would just drop off your car if you hit someone! And occasionally an entire wheel axle would fall off.

Great game, that.

If you like that you will love any of the F1 games. I really liked it but I want to do full races instead of half races or less and kept struggling to fit time in to have maybe 1 race plus P1/2/3 and quali.

The F1 games are great. You can add/remove most of the driving aids as and when you see fit so you can tailor it to your level.

The F1 games are great. You can add/remove most of the driving aids as and when you see fit so you can tailor it to your level.

Good - was about to ask if you can do this.

Got a load of Amazon vouchers to use up so I think I'll go for the new one then.

Already got Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and Brutal Legend (only cost me £3 in Game so thought 'why not?') to play.

FIFA 13 and Black Ops 2 have been preordered.

I'm not buying 2012 on release day as they ruined 2011 so I'll see how the other nerds take it. Online is farcical though and will be again unless they do something to stop all the idiots.

I'm not buying 2012 on release day as they ruined 2011 so I'll see how the other nerds take it. Online is farcical though and will be again unless they do something to stop all the idiots.

How so? Not that I'll be playing much online.

What did they do wrong with 2011?

I thought Brutal Legend was worth playing, but I'm also kind of a metal head. I imagine if someone isn't really a fan of the genre it's less appealing. As a game on its own it isn't really much to go on about.

Played the new PES demo and thought it was pretty fun. Might buy it instead of FIFA 13. /gasp

Brutal Legend is one of the most forgettable games I've ever played. Very meh.

Most people I've spoken to have said it's a good laugh, but no longevity in it whatsoever. But at £3 I'll take the risk of it being shit - it was only to use up some credit I had on a card.

How so? Not that I'll be playing much online.

What did they do wrong with 2011?

You end up waiting ages in the lobby as whenever somebody joins or leaves the countdown clock restarts itself so you can be stuck there for 5-10 minutes without doing anything. Once you do actually get into the race, unless you're very lucky you'll be smashed into the barriers at the first corner. Try and overtake somebody and the majority will just side swipe you in to the barriers. Penalties are ridiculously inconsistent, I've lost count of the number of times I've been hit and I'm the one who has been penalised.

Offline is decent if you just want to pick it up and play, but I just get frustrated at it eventually. You can race like a madman and then go for a pitstop and you'll be stuck in your box waiting for every car in the pit lane to go past you before you're released so you lose shed loads of time. There's a few AI issues too, which I don't know if they fixed or not as I haven't played it in a while and when I do I just tend to play in time trial mode.

Forza Horizon behind the scenes video

I am so stoked for this game. It's going to be massive and for me could be the best driving game ever to be released.

"It's not about racing against the opponents. It's about racing against the world."

Back