• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk growing that City are signing Gündogan.

Marc-Andre ter Stegen will listen to offers if he doesn't play more. Man City, Man United, Arsenal and German clubs interested.

Imagine he'd go to United to replace De Gea.

West Ham looking at signing Havard Nordtveit on a Bosman in the summer. Good player.

Surprised Mönchengladbach would let him go for free.

They don't have much say in it if he won't sign a contract.

Maybe, but I'd have thought he'd be worth investing in as there's almost no chance Xhaka won't be sold soon.

That's kind of like saying Wolves should have thrown buckets of cash at Sako because Afobe was bound to be sold sooner or later. But it wouldn't have made any difference what we offered him.

Bit different tho, Mönchengladbach to West Ham is hardly an upward move, whereas Sako and Afobe were going to a clearly superior league.

West Ham will pay him a load more (especially as there's no transfer fee), they've got a good chance of being in Europe next season, the Premier League is better than the Bundesliga overall, arguably with the new ground and TV deal West Ham's ceiling is way higher and living in London is better than living in Gladbach.

Gladbach are powerless on this one, there isn't anything they can do so criticising them for 'letting him leave for free' is wide of the mark.

Can you imagine how many players will be desperate to join a Premier League club in time for next season! The TV deal has got everyone in a manic rush to be there for it.

I foresee an influx of downright average foreigners on 50k a week!

And even further average English players on more...

Every club could now give away all of their tickets for free and still make more in revenue than last year, so I am told. Money in the game is absurd!

Every club could now give away all of their tickets for free and still make more in revenue than last year, so I am told. Money in the game is absurd!

and why some clubs in the Championship will gamble everything to get there. Spending £20m-£40m will be nothing if Promotion is gained...........a massive disaster if it isn't mind.

Manchester United - 76,000 tickets. Say they average out at forty quid a pop (which is probably overstating it as I don't remember Old Trafford tickets being that brutal in terms of face value). Just over £3m gate receipts per game. So £57m in receipts for 19 home games in the biggest ground, assuming they sold every ticket as a walk-up. Season tickets will significantly reduce that £57m figure. Compared to the change in TV revenue it is absolutely nothing, even for United.

Manchester City have made Vincent Kompany available for transfer on Pep Guardiola's instruction.

Blimey. Sign him up Wolves*! How the hell have they not done the same for Yaya Toure?

*Obviously joking. West Ham maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back