• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaXW-5OWQAAjtjY.png

:ursofunny:

Steve Evans at todays press conference basically admitted that he went in for Kike. Said Kike's move to Eibar, who he can't play for until next season, was "bizarre". Also had a 300k offer for Sam Winnall flatly rejected.

Alex Teixeira another one jumping on the slow boat to China. £38m.

Surprised at the number of players in their mid to late 20s willing to torpedo their career. Not as if they're playing for small clubs in Europe before they go there.

Yeah, but they're signing players from Roma, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Shakhtar. Hardly low payers. I can't believe Ramires for instance is on that much more now.

Someone offered £57m for Oscar apparently.

Teixeira is getting around 190k per week.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were on £90k a week and someone offered me £190k a week I'm not sure it'd really make much difference. Unless you have a massive yacht fetish and you buy one a week then what are you spending it on? Given you can't exactly be a playboy and live off champagne and narcotics given your profession.

Chinese clubs are certainly throwing big money about. But I wonder what their league structure is like beneath the few big money clubs? And also who is financing this sudden influx of big money signings?

Alex Teixeira another one jumping on the slow boat to China. £38m.

Surprised at the number of players in their mid to late 20s willing to torpedo their career. Not as if they're playing for small clubs in Europe before they go there.
Only just seen the story following Jackson Martinez and intended to say exactly the same.
Adrian Mutu gave it a damned good go though.
:icon_lol:

Since a lot of them seem to be from poorer backgrounds, its probably a case of get as much as you can while you can (wild comparison - see Joseph Mobutu etc)

Probably a bit alien to those of us who have never had very little.

Since a lot of them seem to be from poorer backgrounds, its probably a case of get as much as you can while you can (wild comparison - see Joseph Mobutu etc)

Probably a bit alien to those of us who have never had very little.
Indeed. I know some African footballers at least use a lot of their earnings to support their families and home towns. Probably true of footballers from similarly impoverished parts of the world.

Joel Matip to Liverpool on a free transfer at the end of the season. Talk about a steal.

The transfer you knew would happen, Paddy Kenny has signed for, you know the rest.

Obafemi Martins has moved from Seattle Sounders to Shanghai Shenhua, replacing Tim Cahill who was released by the club after making statements deemed detrimental to the well being of the Chinese Super League.

Lot of rumours that a club in China have made a rather large bid for Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back