• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazar Markovic to Liverpool for €25m.

Isn't it time to strengthen the defence Brendan?

Chelsea will be very strong this year, If Arsenal get Khedira then they have to be considered serious challengers too, City already have a fantastic squad and Utd will surely improve. Should be another good season, I can see Liverpool being disappointing without Suarez, lots of money spent on squad bulking that won't necessarily improve them and the addition of European games will surely hinder them.

Agree with that not the same team without suarez..now they actually have to defend..some defenders in or they will struggle

Not completely sold on Khedira as the cure for Arsenal. He isn't a pure defensive midfielder, he's had Xabi holding at Real for him and under Jose he was more box to box. He can press well but leaves space and can get caught high up the pitch. He's a better option than Arteta though.

Seems to me that true Wengerball shouldn't need a real "destroyer" type.

Tick another one off the list, Brentford have agreed a fee with Rochdale for striker Scott Hogan.

Not completely sold on Khedira as the cure for Arsenal. He isn't a pure defensive midfielder, he's had Xabi holding at Real for him and under Jose he was more box to box. He can press well but leaves space and can get caught high up the pitch. He's a better option than Arteta though.

Spot on.Wilshere,Khedira,Ramsey could work tho if Jack finds some form again.

That trio would be frightening if Wilshere does find form, which I think he will sooner or later. Front three of Oezil, Sanchez and Walcott? Not too shabby

Not sure on Sanchez as a central striker.

Most of Arsenal's best work last season seemed to be when people played into Giroud's feet and made runs upto and beyond him so he could lay nice little passes back into them and get midfield runners in behind, think they'd lose something for not having that focal point to their attack, though it might boost someone like Ozil having the option of runners in behind rather than playing into someone's feet and looking to get beyond them himself.

If it were me i think i'd line up more like...

Khedira Ramsey

Walcott Ozil Sanchez

Giroud​

I think that's what they will line up with - in the beginning anyway. I like Giroud but if I was them I'd still be looking to sign another out and out striker with a bit more pace. I think Benzema would be really good for them but can't see it happening. Rosicky and Chamberlain still to come in as more attacking options are very good players to have as back up.

:icon_lol:

He got away with his deficiencies in the Championship last time and I think he will be okay this time. Obviously not Premier League standard but he was always fairly quick and reads the game quite well. Forest fans seem to think they are going to win the league bizarrely, I think they will be mid -table at best

I would look forward to Dicko playing against him though!

"..... has impressed in the Bundesliga". Anyone know when that was? Hamburg have been shitter year on year than almost any other team in the Bundesliga mainly due to their inability to defend!

:icon_lol:

He got away with his deficiencies in the Championship last time and I think he will be okay this time. Obviously not Premier League standard but he was always fairly quick and reads the game quite well. Forest fans seem to think they are going to win the league bizarrely, I think they will be mid -table at best

the annoying thing with Mancienne, was he tried to trust his pace, so would let balls bounce over him and then wonder by the lump of a forward out muscled him and dumped him on his arse. Mick actually managed to coach this out of him and he looked good by actually attacking the ball. By the time he came back to us, he was back to using the same tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back