• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace agree fees for Frazier Campbell and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Good business, particularly Sigurdsson.

Newcastle have done some tidy business this summer on the face of it. Sigurdsson would be a brilliant coup for Palace

Will Grigg looks to be on the way to MK Dons. According to a Brentford supporting mate he never really settled in London and wants to be a bit closer to home.

Twitter rumours Chris Wood to Wolves for a fee of around 1.8 million, hope so.

Obligatory "he played for West Brom" comment.

To be honest, I couldn't care less. What does interest me though is, is he any good? What do we know about him?

Michael Carrick out for 2-3 months, accentuates United's need for another central midfielder. They can't be going into the season with Darren Fletcher as first choice. Fellaini still looked shit in the World Cup, I doubt LVG will fancy him at all.

Filipe Luis to Chelsea confirmed.

Chris Lepkowski @chrislepkowski · 24m
Brown Ideye is due to sign for #wba in a deal worth around £10million. A club record

Wasn't Brown Ideye offered to us at one point? I'm sure I remember us being linked with him?

Borini to Sunderland for wait for it, would you believe 14 million pounds...:paperbag_125:

Crazy scenes. He did ok last season but nothing more than that. Hard to see him ever getting double figures in a season. Liverpool making a profit at that price!

crazy indeed..that and 11m for McCormack...what a crazy market

I really thought Borini had something about him when he was at Roma, no doubt being shunted off to the left wing hasn't helped him at all. 14m, though... Makes me glad we've got Jez!

Sunderland paid us £12m plus add-ons for Fletcher. He's only played 48 games in 2 seasons so I wouldn't imagine many have been triggered.

Fletcher had 30 goals in three PL seasons behind him though. Borini has scored 23 league goals in his entire career, including six in the Championship for Swansea.

So where has this £14m price tag come from and why are Sunderland signing most of the gash that almost sent them down last season?

So where has this £14m price tag come from and why are Sunderland signing most of the gash that almost sent them down last season?

Equally, they're the "gash" that went on a devilish tear to stay up. On that form they are going to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back