• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Liverpool are in for Remy, £8.5m.

Forum seems to have eaten my post somehow, try again...

Looks like Liverpool are in for Remy, £8.5m.

Sell for Borini for £14m and then sign a vastly superior player for £6m less...

I hate to admit it, but that would be good business.

Vidal to United rumours picking up pace again.

After Juve said he wasn't for sale too. MoxeyLite.

Oddly, Borini played for Liverpool today. Strange if a transfer is imminent.

In the most baffling transfer of the year so far, Luke Steele of Barnsley has signed for Panathinaikos.

In the most baffling transfer of the year so far, Luke Steele of Barnsley has signed for Panathinaikos.

If you live in Greece, nothing football wise surprises you ever. When Big John Barnwell signed over here, the chairman of Greek Fc, (no names they might find me) was busy taking his Rolex off his wrist and offering it to Barney's wife as an incentive to make him sign. What the hell else he would have offered if the deal hadn't gone through, who knows, but a horizontal trampoline would certainly have been involved.

Vermaelen close to signing for United

On the face of it, not bad (and probably cheapish) cover for centre half and left back - which they definitely need with all of Vidic, Rio and Evra gone. But then he hasn't been in Arsenal's team for nearly two years for a reason. Reminds me a bit of when Silvestre went the other way.

Not as weird as that one though - Vermaelen has just looked very short of confidence. He was bloody good for them a couple of years ago. Bit injury prone though. I think he will be first choice for them though, with Jones?

I would still expect them to bring another one in - and I think fitness permitting Evans will be first choice, at least to begin with.

True yeah, weren't they linked with Hummels? Not sure how likely that would be.

Dortmund always sell if the money's right.

Don't know how Subotic's recovery is going - if he's on track then I suppose they may be tempted to cash in as Sokratis did really well last season.

I think Evans should be a starter as he is wildly underrated IMHO.

I really like Evans too actually, but think Jones has a lot of potential!

I think Jones is good now and has the potential to become an excellent centre half, he needs a proper run of games there though. Not playing 1 in 3, or getting moved to right back all the time because Rafael is shit/injured for a change, or moved into midfield because they haven't bothered buying sufficiently there again.

At the moment - and it's probably just a question of experience and not having played enough in his proper position since he left Blackburn - his positioning isn't very good. It contributes to him getting injured a lot because he's always making tackles and blocks from awkward positions that he should never be getting himself in.

Time is running out for Smalling, 25 in November and this will be his fifth season at United. If he isn't getting a regular gig at centre half this year then he needs to move on somewhere else. He is probably better than all Spurs' non-Vertonghen options, Chiriches looks alright but one of those defenders who always gives you a chance, Dawson and Kaboul both played a lot last season and are dreadful these days. For the love of God do not ever put Smalling at right back, it's like when we used to stick Neill Collins there.

In fact I really think United desperately need a replacement at RB, Rafael drives me up the wall with his shit attitude. A real yellow card magnet as well and he breaks all the time.

Smalling has Sunderland written all over him, though in reality I don't see that much to choose between him and Jones (not that I've made a habit of watching either of them closely).

Dortmund always sell if the money's right.

Don't know how Subotic's recovery is going - if he's on track then I suppose they may be tempted to cash in as Sokratis did really well last season.
Think Subotic is supposed to be back for the start of the season and haven't they just signed Ginter as well? Would certainly soften the blow of losing Hummels, he'd be quality in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back