• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

The colours we see at this time of year. Having some really enjoyable experiences when cycling around at the mo.

Yeah the one thing I do like about autumn are the colours. Took this photo of my local park this time last year:

14956503_10155111531185016_4351173645477372038_n.jpg

Unlike Jellybean & Langers, I really don't like Autumn, my least favourite season. Everywhere looks a mess with leaves. You get the buggers up, bag them, get the buggers up, bag them, get the bug.......on and on it goes. Plus, if you don't wear gloves you take the risk of picking up raccoon and skunk shit that the bastards like to do in leaves for some reason.

Fortunately we have Leaf Drop off places where you can leave your mountain of black bags and some nice people will dispose of the things for you.

For some reason my hair brush gets more fuller in Autumn, just like the leaves fall off trees, me hair falls out of me head. Never at any other time, just Autumn.

If I could skip Autumn I would .

I don't like most of Autumn as I hate Halloween and Bonfire Night but the colours are great.

It's nicer to go for a run in slightly colder weather as well.

Summer > Autumn > Spring >

Winter

(I loathe winter)

I like autumn. I like the look and feel of it. I find it quite comforting when the dark nights start approaching for some reason. Maybe it's because I know Christmas is getting closer.

Once Christmas is out of the way, I hate winter. January until April is pretty shit. It's cold (which I hate) and then it's usually rainy (which I also hate).

I don't like most of Autumn as I hate Halloween and Bonfire Night but the colours are great.

It's nicer to go for a run in slightly colder weather as well.

Your photo did look pretty, but all those leaves have to fall, then it doesn't look so pretty ( I think I have a bit of an OCD prob where leaves are concerned )

Ok nice things about Autumn:

You light a real fire for the first time.
You get to wear your favourite jumpers again.
Oktoberfest.
It's cuddle weather.
Conkers.
Hot Chocolate with marshmallows.
No more bad hair days due to humidity.
It's getting nearer to the Christmas period :)

Maybe it ay so bad after all :)

I like autumn. I like the look and feel of it. I find it quite comforting when the dark nights start approaching for some reason. Maybe it's because I know Christmas is getting closer.

Once Christmas is out of the way, I hate winter. January until April is pretty shit. It's cold (which I hate) and then it's usually rainy (which I also hate).

Usually hate the month of January here, even though it's me birthday month. Thick snow, Jan and Feb you are lucky to see the grass at all. Snows lovely in December, but then it can fuck off :)

Ok nice things about Autumn:

You light a real fire for the first time.
You get to wear your favourite jumpers again.
Oktoberfest.
It's cuddle weather.
Conkers.
Hot Chocolate with marshmallows.
No more bad hair days due to humidity.
It's getting nearer to the Christmas period :)

Maybe it ay so bad after all :)

PPB, most of the above are not exclusive to autumn!

As for the rest, fuck me, you're miserable buggers. I love a good firework display & fireworks generally. I'm not a fan of halloween so much, and definitely not a fan of it being stretched out for weeks. However there's something in every season I love, for example autumn also usually involves harvesting stuff I've grown. On the leaves issue, this year I'm making leave mold, an excellent mulch for the garden.

Fresh, crisp mornings, getting your cool jackets out the wardrobe, autumn is great, as is every other season. Sure, they all have things that aren't ideal, but jeez!

PPB, most of the above are not exclusive to autumn!

As for the rest, fuck me, you're miserable buggers. I love a good firework display & fireworks generally. I'm not a fan of halloween so much, and definitely not a fan of it being stretched out for weeks. However there's something in every season I love, for example autumn also usually involves harvesting stuff I've grown. On the leaves issue, this year I'm making leave mold, an excellent mulch for the garden.

Fresh, crisp mornings, getting your cool jackets out the wardrobe, autumn is great, as is every other season. Sure, they all have things that aren't ideal, but jeez!

I know but after a sweltering hot Summer there's a few there that are more welcome than at other times of the year.

I don't mind Halloween, I'm ready for the usual cart load of kiddy winks. Love fireworks, always have done.

Putting together an After Surgery Gift Box for Mr Penguin.

Here's hoping he doesn't lose his SOH in the Operating Room.

Hubbys Cock Bib arrived today. Until he gets the hang of pissing with his left.

My boss has just booked this place for our 'end of calendar year' get together (not dropping a C-bomb in October....).

https://www.ghettogolf.co.uk/birmingham/

Looks excellent!! Crazy golf and craft ales!

Has anyone been here before?

No, but it looks AWESOME!!

Plus, there's Clink in the Custard Factory too to pre/post-golf beery goodness.

I've seen those online but never been. I'd like to though as it looks fun.

A question really. Can you still get your milk delivered to your door over there, as in is there still such a thing as early morning delivers by the milkman on his cart???

A question really. Can you still get your milk delivered to your door over there, as in is there still such a thing as early morning delivers by the milkman on his cart???

Yeah you can, Dairy Crest still do it. No way as common as it used to be though.

Edit - its not *that* early these days either.

Yeah you can, Dairy Crest still do it. No way as common as it used to be though.

Edit - its not *that* early these days either.

Thanks tredman. Just wondered as you never hear anyone these days say they still have theirs delivered, and when I'm over there I never see a milk cart.

I very occasionally see a milk cart when I drive to work at 5:30am, but it's very rare nowadays.

Could still get it delivered when I lived in one of the larger villages round here, but very expensive compared to any shop

Can still remember when we got ours delivered by horse & cart (& this was North London in Highgate) in the 1950's

One of my earliest memories is sitting in the front garden watching my Dad trying to stop the horse eating our honeysuckle hedge :)

Back