• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

:icon_lol: this thread & the dislike thread have been good fun today. Wombat is on TOP form....

BTW any of you feckers want some leaves, my drive is full of em! & I haven't a brush to sweep em up with at the mo - me last one broke and I haven't had the £££ to buy a new one til today.

Re-reading the above, there's another thing I like. Finally, I have a little bit of spare cash. My own fault - over stretched myself & should have been more considered. However, I am now not panicking excessively about money.

I do need to buy a brush. And also a few nice things for people who looked out for me/spent time with me and were very considerate to me across the past 3 months. Everything they did for me will not be forgotten!

Our milkman used to have orange juice and bread as well as the milk.

Used to work as a milkman (19 years old at the time) for Unigate just before Dairy Crest bought it out. I could literally have run a marathon back then with very little training I was as fit as a fiddle running around Bilston with bottles of milk etc - only did it for a year but could write a book on the things that happened - great job crap money

Corona was the pop my Uncle delivered.

Cream Soda was ace.

Cream Soda was ace!! so much so that i picked some up whilst on a rare shopping trip recently.
I was like a kid at christmas with parents who cared and then upon getting home....it tasted like utter shite...what the fuck has happened to it?

Onto Autumn....
I LOVE IT...
The leaves cover up all the dog shit and rubbish on the floor and when i walk the dog at night its dark so i dont have to fucking stop and make
inane chatter with someone just because they too have a fucking dog.

:icon_lol: this thread & the dislike thread have been good fun today. Wombat is on TOP form....

BTW any of you feckers want some leaves, my drive is full of em! & I haven't a brush to sweep em up with at the mo - me last one broke and I haven't had the £££ to buy a new one til today.

But the big question????
Are you going to waste your time sweeping them onto the pathway* where they will inevitably blow back on your drive or actually pick them up and stick them in the "green" bin.

*Cant fucking believe people do this.

Used to work as a milkman (19 years old at the time) for Unigate just before Dairy Crest bought it out. I could literally have run a marathon back then with very little training I was as fit as a fiddle running around Bilston with bottles of milk etc - only did it for a year but could write a book on the things that happened - great job crap money

%7B9DFA2724-E68E-4891-B65E-C23ACAB7961F%7DImg100.jpg

You could put a brush in me hands and a rake up me arse and I still wouldn't get on top of all this leaf clearing. Hate it.

You could put a brush in me hands and a rake up me arse and I still wouldn't get on top of all this leaf clearing. Hate it.

Ive seen people blow em (fnarr) with a big thing and other people catch em in a big net thing round my parts (fnarr)

People have been equating "leafy" with being posh and having an easy life. It's not, it's hell on earth. You trying getting your servants to sweep up the leaves without grumbling and threatening revolution - it's most trying!

Ive seen people blow em (fnarr) with a big thing and other people catch em in a big net thing round my parts (fnarr)

I've got one ace, but it won't blow when wet (fnarr)

Only really works well when leaves are dry.

People have been equating "leafy" with being posh and having an easy life. It's not, it's hell on earth. You trying getting your servants to sweep up the leaves without grumbling and threatening revolution - it's most trying!

I have the same problem trying to get me husband to sweep up the leaves. It too is most trying.

Mind you he's got a bad shoulder so will let him off.

Otherwise I sound like a right heartless bastard.

But the big question????
Are you going to waste your time sweeping them onto the pathway* where they will inevitably blow back on your drive or actually pick them up and stick them in the "green" bin.

*Cant fucking believe people do this.
Will get them up eventually. Dumping them into a composter to make leaf mold.
problem is, out back if i don't clear them, i'll end up with areas where the grass dies.

problem is, out back if i don't clear them, i'll end up with areas where the grass dies.

Same with us out the front, and after only just done a load re seeding I really don't want to take the risk.

Mug of mushroom soup. Warms ya cockles.

Mug of mushroom soup. Warms ya cockles.
Talking of cockles... I popped into jungle jims yesterday and got me a few tubs of cockles. That place is huge! And the selection is pretty good too. Got the kids some woke goodies!!!

Talking of cockles... I popped into jungle jims yesterday and got me a few tubs of cockles. That place is huge! And the selection is pretty good too. Got the kids some woke goodies!!!

Lucky bugger, love cockles. Isn't it you that has them on toast? :icon_lol:. I've never been in a jungle jims.

Did a big online Brit shop on Sunday. Should keep us going until we move!!

Back