• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

The robin that appeared on my Dads grave the moment we got there until the moment we left. Stood on me boot, ate a worm from my fingers, and sang while we arranged the roses while he sat watching whilst sitting on the grave.

Made me cry. But in a happy way.

Back after a good Christmas away - our family gave upon presents a number of years ago (apart from to children) but got the one I wanted - the chance to visit my daughter in law at home as she was allowed out of hospital on both Christmas day & Boxing day afternoons.

Speech & personality still all there - mobility still a bit compromised & short term memory is crap (benefit being that you can say whatever you want as she will have forgotten it within minutes :)).Doctors are fine with her medically & now just need to convince the physio's that she can cope outside the hospital evironment for longer periods to allow her to go home permanently (though will still need to go in for outpatient physio & therapy)

Hopefully no more than another week.

Back after a good Christmas away - our family gave upon presents a number of years ago (apart from to children) but got the one I wanted - the chance to visit my daughter in law at home as she was allowed out of hospital on both Christmas day & Boxing day afternoons.

Speech & personality still all there - mobility still a bit compromised & short term memory is crap (benefit being that you can say whatever you want as she will have forgotten it within minutes :)).Doctors are fine with her medically & now just need to convince the physio's that she can cope outside the hospital evironment for longer periods to allow her to go home permanently (though will still need to go in for outpatient physio & therapy)

That's great news Parkin. Plus her mobility will probably improved with time. Our bodies are amazing at fighting back and with physio and therapy I'm sure she will get there.

Seeing me moms face whilst watching The Glen Miller Story.

Hopefully no more than another week.

Great news Sir

Bewdley, lovely place. Also the pubs there, brilliant night :)

Bewdley, lovely place. Also the pubs there, brilliant night :)

Used to live in Stourport, 3 miles down the road. Often went for a beer in Bewdley. Used to go on the Severn Valley railway, after I'd had a beer in Bewdley and see how many ciders, we could throw down our throats before we got off at Bridgnorth. Then we would carry on drinking in Bridgnorth until closing time.
Fun days.

Theres nothing quite like the feeling of getting into your own bed surrounded by familiar things.

When your neighbour knocks the door with some hot homemade soup to entice you to eat.

So yeah, acts of kindness can go on this thread.

Finally getting round to unpacking the last case and you find a squashed pkt of Walkers Beef & Onion crisps,the box of Thorntons Great British Puddings that you had forgot about and the Wolf sock that you thought you had lost.

Finally getting round to unpacking the last case and you find a squashed pkt of Walkers Beef & Onion crisps,the box of Thorntons Great British Puddings that you had forgot about and the Wolf sock that you thought you had lost.

Oh, and all the things I collected from places I went to, cards from pubs I drank in, cards from restuarants I ate in, both my matchday tickets,business cards from places like Cyrils Tearooms, cinema tickets, beer mats, Thank You cards,etc etc. Gonna put them all in a Memory Frame :) :)

Back