• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

Bristol is massively susceptible to low cloud cover. Having said that, that's why it was built there, to avoid getting a hammering during the war.

It's an excellent airport nowadays in terms of customer experience once there, getting there on public transport is farcical though. Blame our good friend Mr Fox for that one.

Yeah Bristol is a bit of a bus ride away from actual Bristol but it's alright. Manchester T3 is ok, once you get beyond security they've got a decent pub and an Italian place which is good.

I still maintain Gatwick is shit.

It’s closed now, but not sure anything could beat Coventry.

Yeah Bristol is a bit of a bus ride away from actual Bristol but it's alright. Manchester T3 is ok, once you get beyond security they've got a decent pub and an Italian place which is good.

I still maintain Gatwick is shit.
THAT is not a decent pub. Shit beer in dirty glasses, no ta.

Why is the airport in Doncaster called 'Robin Hood' airport? I have never understood that.

Robin Hood lived up there i think, didn't really have much to do with Nottingham at all I think.

Johnny Come Latelys, nicking Robin Hood, only got the second helping of Brian Clough, nick Leicestershire's best players, now they're trying to copy us and get on the Mendes train...

Tunis was awful when I went there as well. Not the holiday, just the airport (although the holiday wasn't in Tunis either - fun fact, it was at the hotel where people got gunned down a few years ago. Obviously long before that).

Manchester T3 and LBA are shite. I fly from both regularly. The security and departure 'lounge' facilities are appalling (that's why I invested in a Priority Pass). LBA is on a plateau (similar to Luton) so does suffer from high winds.

I've only transferred at Bristol (on my way to Plymouth) so not experienced th location issues. Soton is fucking dreadful as is Luton.

As for airport Wetherspoons, visiting there is akin to being on the set of Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Right after my first trip through Tegel, a few observations :

The taxi rank is bigger than the airport.
As Mark aka Jim eluded to its just a corridor, its like they built the airport and then remembered they have to put the people somewhere, the check in queues intermingle and block the said corridor.
They then wouldn't open the gate to let people through to security for an hour, when they did, three flights and one passport control bloke, who to give him credit over his English counterparts was at least cheery.
Then you end up in the departure lounge which is worse equipped than Stafford railway station, I was so glad to get on a flight regardless of it being an hour late !

I never thought I'd pine for Frankfurt airport, the half marathon cross airport dashes, the car hire that is situated in another time zone it's that far away, the multiple security checks if you fly with BA, the autobahn 5 that there is always a problem on which makes you later than you'd like, but at least at Frankfurt people smile, they actually want to be there, Tegel was the airport of the damned and I should imagine is exactly what purgatory is like.

Currently looking after 4 children. I have reached my limit.

Lying in bed having to listen to Flowers In The Rain, BlackBerry Way, Lily The Pink , Eve Of Destruction ,and other shit as it's hubby turn to play with Alexa. There's only so many times you can tell her to shut the fuck up.

I can feel a pillow fight about to erupt

With the exception of Lily the Pink, a most agreeable playlist tbf.

Lying in bed having to listen to Flowers In The Rain, BlackBerry Way, Lily The Pink , Eve Of Destruction ,and other shit as it's hubby turn to play with Alexa. There's only so many times you can tell her to shut the fuck up.

With the exception of Lily the Pink, a most agreeable playlist tbf.

I was just about to say the same, I could even take Lilly the Pink a couple of times :)

ps My adoration of Roy Wood is vast

But you have to hear answers to questions he asks associated with each of those songs.

Then I ask it things about the World Cup and about England's squad for tomorrow and what are the betting chances of them winning, and about matches being played today. She didn't answer . ' You are supposed to ask it a question not tell it a fucking story '

:icon_lol:

Getting back to airports, JFK always takes us ages to get through immigration, even with Green cards. Lanes closed, only 3 open, full of snappy individuals, and immigration officers and Custom officers who take your scratchings off you.

I was just about to say the same, I could even take Lilly the Pink a couple of times :)

ps My adoration of Roy Wood is vast

Agreed. I thought he was best when he went solo. Though I suppose he is known for his time with ELO and Wizzard.

In what way?

Absolutely miles away from London, security always seems to be rammed and there's never a seat available in that seating area in the middle of the shops. Also the Wetherspoons there has slower service than a funeral, and the food options are shit. Never enjoyed it.

Getting back to airports, JFK always takes us ages to get through immigration, even with Green cards. Lanes closed, only 3 open, full of snappy individuals, and immigration officers and Custom officers who take your scratchings off you.

I didn't mind JFK but Newark was awful (although being awful was better than not being able to travel as the day we flew all flights to JFK were cancelled due to the weather and ours was one of the few allowed to land at Newark)

I quite liked T5 at Heathrow.

Faro Airport was chaos when I was there in May made worse by hundreds of old folk moaning non stop....pretty sure they were all still grumbling the following week when they returned.

Back