• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6928437/benik-afobe-stoke-city-wolves-nuno-espirito-santo/

I don't blame him in isolation, but the phrase 'what goes round comes round springs to mind.' He did what was right for him when he'd outgrown us with questionable ethics, we did the same when we had outgrown him. I don't follow the Twitter and Facebook feeds that some on here do, so won't see the outrage first hand, but I'm sure it'll add to the noise that we are weaker because we've sold two of our best players back to the Championship, even though neither were

Agree mate. To be honest I think after his ‘crying in the car’ comments Afobe will get just as much stick anyway from fans, as that was seen as quite disingenuous

The way they have worded that article is bullshit (surprise surprise).

We sign Benik on 1st June and then 4 days later he *apparently* learns that he is no longer in our plans.

Yet he speaks to Rowett whilst away with DRC at the end of May (they played on 28th May).

He then signs for Stoke on 11th June.

The way they have worded that article is bull$#@! (surprise surprise).

We sign Benik on 1st June and then 4 days later he *apparently* learns that he is no longer in our plans.

Yet he speaks to Rowett whilst away with DRC at the end of May (they played on 28th May).

He then signs for Stoke on 11th June.
Benik spinning a move to make him look the innocent party and us the bad boys, I can't imagine that would ever happen.

He's making a fool of himself, again.

There’s absolutely no way he didn’t know and thought he was part of the plans. The lack of social media presence from him “sealing his dream move” etc. Suggests he knew more than he is letting on

Again, these are ifs. If I had to put money on it I'd say people would still be talking about his potential in 2022.

So would you drop Jota for him, or Costa?

Given that we haven't signed an out and out RWB, as many of us thought we would (despite attempts to get Cancelo) as previously noted, perhaps the idea is to play Traore RWB. I can't imagine it'll work, but perhaps that's the idea.

Given that we haven't signed an out and out RWB, as many of us thought we would (despite attempts to get Cancelo) as previously noted, perhaps the idea is to play Traore RWB. I can't imagine it'll work, but perhaps that's the idea.
Only if we are going full Keagan/Ardiles

I'm more surprised he didn't leave Molineux in tears. Maybe he's got past the terrible two's of crying when told something he doesn't want to hear.

The line about his family being messed about is disengenuous too, Stoke is 30 mile up the road he could stay where he was and commute without an issue.

I’ve got a baby daughter and a heavily pregnant wife - oh no, how ever will you cope with such low wages???

Sitting here reading the debate if should we sign a 20 m forward in Traore to compliment 15 m Neves a 40m valued Patricio 15 m Cav, 12m Jota 10m Costa and 3rd record Portugal capped. Moutinho.

How far have we come in such a short time? It's incredible! The only one of the rumours I really don't want is Rojo. We had one of those and we do not want another

Personally, I'm a big Costa fan. Traore I'm not sold on, but I'm an idiot, and Nuno & co knopw a lot more than me.

However, in a recent Johnny Phillips article, he made a reference to management getting towards the end of their tether with Costa. It was only a sentence, but it has stuck with me. I don't know how much substance there is to it, but it made me wonder...
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/07/21/sky-sports-johnny-phillips-wolves-plotting-a-perfect-pre-season-for-premier-league-push/
All three scored fine goals and Costa looks to have taken on board advice that may or may not have come his way. His stock was not high when last season finished, with reports that the management was losing patience with his inconsistent performances. He appears to have come back after the summer having spent many hours in the gym and he looked sharper for it.

I didn't think Costa was under threat, but this infers he could have been. Equally, it suggests he's responded. & if it is true, then a good job, as we're seeing repeatedly this close season that Nuno and Fosun are ruthless.

I’ve got a baby daughter and a heavily pregnant wife - oh no, how ever will you cope with such low wages???

It's not all about wages.

Working in recruitment myself, it's almost a daily occurrence that I will have a candidate (Benik) on the phone telling me one thing and the client (Wolves) on the phone two minutes later telling me something completely different. From my past experience the truth is generally somewhere in the middle. I'm sure there are aspects of what Benik has said in the article above that are true, and he's probably embellished bits of it too to come across better to the Stoke fans. Can't really blame him for that.

On Benik, fuck him. The way he left us first time still sticks in my craw. I didn't want to re-sign him, on loan, and certainly not permanently.

Sorry, but the line from his own quote about speaking to Rowett while on international duty shows dates-wise that the whole thing is a fabrication. He knew.

Sorry, but the line from his own quote about speaking to Rowett while on international duty shows dates-wise that the whole thing is a fabrication. He knew.

Yeah, at least get your story straight if you are going to say stuff like this.

He revealed: “Jack and I go back to our days playing together for England at youth level and I had a chat with him once I became aware of Stoke City’s interest

Certainly did a lot of talking with people at Stoke, considering he knew nothing about it.

Shyster.

I cannot wait for this window to be over. The “linked with this guy” vs “no it’s a made up rumour” is doing my nut. The bickering about the quality of our business in general, the hyperbole on linked players abilities.

Thank fuck it closes early this year. Just get on with the football and be done with all this bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back