• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the money I’m sure he’ll start as an impact sub (he’s injured anyway isn’t he?) good option to bring on when chasing a game or for counter attacks defending a lead. If he proves himself good enough then he’ll replace whoever hasn’t been performing as well as they could. Provides competition and keeps everyone fresh. Despite understanding the concerns and criticisms I can’t help but be excited about the prospect of signing him

I will point out again that they are completely different footballers who will bring different things to games, i love Costa, Cav and Jota but adding Traore in to that is even better imo. Don't think you can really compare them against each other for the teams they played with last year either, we were the best team in the league by a mile and Boro clearly weren't and only really made the play offs as Pulis got quite a lot out of Traore.

That video against us shows his strengths and limitations. He can clearly run with the ball and he got the better of us sometimes. But you have to consider a decent chunk of those highlights were against 9 men, so plenty of space to run into and tired legs to run at. His crosses are just general, stick them in a general area and see what happens type crosses. Exactly what you expect from a second tier winger. Compare that to the Douglas delivery for Costa in that same game, got his head up, saw a team mate and pin pointed a cross perfectly, that was a premier league delivery.
I'm not too bothered about the £18million as that doesn't actually seem that much this summer.
But Premier league defenders will be smarter, he'll have to make huge improvements before he is ready to be any more than squad filler here

Called it way above in this thread. Traore is our new WB.

Yeah, I more or less trust Doc where to stand these days, in that role. This is a low bar admittedly.

Still think it's weird that so many think of Cav as only our third best attacker.

:fished:

Late night Nash saying Hause off to reading for a season loan.

We must be getting a CB in I would have thought

According to Timothy we’ve turned down a £900k bid from Alaves for Danny.

Late night Nash saying Hause off to reading for a season loan.

We must be getting a CB in I would have thought

If Hause is off then you can bank on it.

Graham also may be going to Ipswich.

Ha ha ha... Really, why do people do that?

God knows it’s about as funny as people who retweet old scores during a match.

To be fair, his timing was good as it was at the same time as Nash was tweeting his nightly updates.

Helder - 5 goals, 6 assists from 39, playing for the team who scored 82 goals
Traore - 5 goals, 13 assists from 40, playing for the team who scored 67 goals...

Let's be accurate here PQ, eh:

Appearances:

Helder Costa 21 (18)
Adama Traore 28 (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back