• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas wouldn't have counted as home grown anyway, would he? I don't think that is going to cause us any problems anyway

There is no limit.

You have to name a maximum of 18 non home grown players over 21 in the squad.

Douglas wouldn't have counted as home grown anyway, would he? I don't think that is going to cause us any problems anyway

Yeah, we don't have anywhere near 25 senior (for this purpose) players for a start.

There is no limit.

You have to name a maximum of 18 non home grown players over 21 in the squad.

Don't think that's right Paddy. It's a minimum of 15 players in a squad and up to 25.

Of which only 17 non home grown players can be named. You don't have to name players under the age of 21 (Neves, Jota, Vinagre don't need to be named).

Not happy about Douglas leaving, a bit premature IMO.

The management evidently have some concerns about him (they've been voiced on here in the past, too) - he is worth £0 in 10 months' time. So either we hand a new deal (at higher money) to a player we aren't sure on or we have to do this now.

Don't think that's right Paddy. It's a minimum of 15 players in a squad and up to 25.

Of which only 17 non home grown players can be named. You don't have to name players under the age of 21 (Neves, Jota, Vinagre don't need to be named).

That is what I am clumsily trying to say.

You categorically do NOT have to have a minimum number of home grown.
There is a maximum number of non-homegrown over 21 in your squad. We are nowhere near it.

i'm not surprised about baz, only because we know the club is going for it a bit and it's a good offer. he's contributed hugely to one of our best seasons ever so bound to be of interest to a fair few clubs.

That is what I am clumsily trying to say.

You categorically do NOT have to have a minimum number of home grown.
There is a maximum number of non-homegrown over 21 in your squad. We are nowhere near it.

I think they've just voted against having the HG rule in future years too. Not great for the England team but good for us right now.

I'm hearing whispers that Alex Grimaldo is being lined up to replace Douglas...

PLVFa.jpg

If we are being brutal Baz is suspect when being ran at and never beats a man. He did a grand job for us last year in as much as he provided balance and his set pieces were great. I think he'd have been a weak link this year when we're going to attacked more. We appear to have got a good price and Leeds have got a good player at Championship level. Those that are criticising are either blinded by false sentimentality or don't watch the game closely enough.

Patricio
Mina? Coady Boly
Castro Neves Moutinho Grimaldi?

Costa Jimenez Jota

Subs Ruddy Bonatini Doherty Bennet MGW Traore? Caveliero

Insane- just incredible.

I thought we had the option of a 12 month extension on Douglas' contract anyway. He's not technically out of contract until 2020.

Patricio
Mina? Coady Boly
Castro Neves Moutinho Grimaldi?

Costa Jimenez Jota

Subs Ruddy Bonatini Doherty Bennet MGW Traore

Insane- just incredible.

Can you take Traore off the bench and put Cav there please? You can also have 7 subs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back