• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash says £5m. Good money for a bloke in the final year of his deal.

Yep, sad to see him go but that's the ruthlessness of modern football run as a proper business. I wonder if that mean Zinchenko has said yes.

I'd estimate that we'll get £4m for Baz - so that makes Moutinho cost Barry Douglas plus £1m

Edit: just seen £5m - so we've swapped Baz for Joao Moutinho

Yep, sad to see him go but that's the ruthlessness of modern football run as a proper business.

It's what our fans have been clamouring for Wolves to do for decades. They can't exactly moan when it does happen...

I suspect Zinchenko and Johnny are happening then. The dominoes of the transfer market are beginning to fall. Fully expecting a crazy couple of weeks.

Buy for £1m on a 2 year deal - gets 14 assists - sell 12 months later for £5m.

Can't really argue with that!!

Oh Barry Douglas runs down the wing for Leeds.

Good luck to him. Good lad

I hadn't realised he only had a year left, £5m is amazing value really seeing as we just bought Moutinho for that!

Going to be a busy couple of weeks. Can see Batth leaving too

I hadn't realised he only had a year left, £5m is amazing value really seeing as we just bought Moutinho for that!

Going to be a busy couple of weeks. Can see Batth leaving too

You watch if he does. It'll be "good riddance", "worst player ever" and all that shit. Forget the 200+ games he's played for us, all the work he does off the pitch and the role he played in L1 in particular when we were fucked up.

Christ all the comments on twitter calling him a 'great player'. Have they never watched a great player!?

Slightly surprised Douglas is going. I didn't think he'd be first choice, but thought he'd be solid backup. A sign of the times I suppose. Good luck to him, even at Leeds.

Oh dear, Timmy II is going all "Kenny Jackett" about Baz :icon_lol:

You watch if he does. It'll be "good riddance", "worst player ever" and all that shit. Forget the 200+ games he's played for us, all the work he does off the pitch and the role he played in L1 in particular when we were fucked up.

That will probably be me. Apolies in advance

I don't rate Batth at all, but I would wish him well and hope he does ok should he leave because there's no doubt he's been a great servant and ambassador for the club. He seems a really decent guy, and obviously has the respect of the dressing room or he wouldn't have been club captain.

I do NOT want to watch Danny Batth in the Premier League.

He was good for us in League 1 but so was Richard Stearman.

to be honest if I won the lottery tomorrow who am I kidding that life wouldnt change?

Bigger house- Yep
New Car- Yep
A few luxuries- Yep
Money to family- Yep
Box at wolves -Yep

Why? Because I could. So after years of watching the pennies a bit Wolves can afford it now and they are showing they will. Love it.

And I am a realist. I will take every opportunity to see Neves, Moutinho, Jota , Costa playing in a wolves shirt as in 2018/19 this will not be their last club. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

I do NOT want to watch Danny Batth in the Premier League.

He was good for us in League 1 but so was Richard Stearman.

I don't either. It's the shitty double standards I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back