• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiers makes a good point on the emergence of Giles potentially playing a role as we would hold 4 LWBs once Jonny comes in if the coaching staff see Giles as part of the first team

How much do you think we’d get for Douglas? Should get a nice healthy profit on him, we’ll miss his set pieces and I really like him but I think we’re moving on to a higher level than him now

Bloody hell.

If this means that Jonny's coming in as a left wingback and we've STILL not upgraded on Doherty, I'm not massively happy with that.

Can't lie, I'm pretty gutted about Douglas but I do understand it.

Quality player for us, really enjoyed watching him play last season.

I've always said Vinagre is a special player. He was thwarted last season but of the fine season Douglas had, but I think Nuno knows he's better option long term or even right now.

Bloody hell.

If this means that Jonny's coming in as a left wingback and we've STILL not upgraded on Doherty, I'm not massively happy with that.

or it means Jonny is arriving as a RWB and cover for Zinchenko/Vinagre on the left

Read Tredman's post at the top of the page and automatically assumed it was Danny Batth. Very sad to see Baz go and wish him nothing but the best. No, he wouldn't have been good enough for the Prem defensively, but an absolutely cracking LB in the Championship and whatever Leeds pay they'll have a bargain

or it means Jonny is arriving as a RWB and cover for Zinchenko/Vinagre on the left

Didn't we hear from Nash that we were getting Jonny instead of Zinchenko?

In any case, I think Vinagre's an incredible prospect, but having him as first choice in the Prem would be an incredible gamble.

I don't think this has anything to do with Matt Doherty.

We can't make other clubs bid for Doherty, whereas Leeds appear to have offered something for Barry Douglas that we deem to be acceptable, and in Vinagre and Giles it looks like we have more cover on the left than on the right.

It'd be lovely to have one day on here without Doherty's name creeping into yet another debate.

Doherty for all his flaws will be a valuable squad player this season.

Didn't we hear from Nash that we were getting Jonny instead of Zinchenko?

In any case, I think Vinagre's an incredible prospect, but having him as first choice in the Prem would be an incredible gamble.

Nash says one thing - Timmy II t'other so who knows.

Also we are going to have to accept that Nuno actually likes and rates Doherty and it wouldn't be a huge surprise if he started v Everton.

If Douglas rumour is true then I wish him well. I think there will be more exits too. I suppose football has changed with regard to loyalty both ways. Players look out for themselves generally and now clubs should do too. They have looked at the squad and made a mental note of where they think the existing squad could take them and decided it was not good enough. Brave. As a Wolves fan I really hope that bravery is rewarded. There seems to be a real methodology about the whole set up in the last 12 months culminated by this crazy window. I know that only a few things have happended so far but what things!

Can't believe that in 24 hours the euphoria is clouded by people thinking Nuno hasn't got a clue. Jesus Christ man LMFAO

Can't believe that in 24 hours the euphoria is clouded by people thinking Nuno hasn't got a clue. Jesus Christ man LMFAO
What are you on about? Who's said anything about Nuno not having a clue?

I've always said Vinagre is a special player. He was thwarted last season but of the fine season Douglas had, but I think Nuno knows he's better option long term or even right now.

Spot on!
Love Baz but we have to be ruthless I suppose. We are doing everything right IMO in building a team to have a go at a good finish in PL and if that comes off we can attract even better players going forward.
Baz is an approachable and down to earth guy according to his neighbours in sunny Sedgeley, wish him all the best if he goes will miss singing his song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back