• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiers just tweeted that we've accepted a bid.

Wow. That is pretty damn ruthless.

I can make my peace wirh it depending on the fee, around 7.5mil is what I would hope for, maybe a bottom line of 6mil

Edit - didn't realise he was out of contract, happy with 4 mil now

Blimey that is surprising but if we are virtually honest defensively he isn't good enough. We will miss those set pieces though.

Need to change my fantasy team now!

Neves had taken over pretty much all set pieces by the end of the season, tbf.

Shame, great lad, had a brilliant season. Out of contract in the summer though and if Nuno doesn't think he's good enough and he has other things lined up (and/or he thinks Vinagre is ready now) then fine, that's his call.

Fucking hell, we are not messing around. Sad to see him go, but he's not good enough for the prem.

Jesus. So does that mean Jonny will play on the left and Doherty stays on the right..?

Or we are genuinely interested in Zinchenko as a left wing back?

I wonder if the imminent arrival of Jonny and Vinagre's loan being made permanent means that we're happy with what we have at LWB?

Douglas was a terrific signing for us - if he does leave I'll wish him well.

Love Barry Douglas but this is what Mick should have done in 2008. Nuno isn't fucking about.

If we're being proactive with incoming signings, it stands to reason that we'll be the same with outgoing signings.

I agree with Quirk - it's harsh on Baz but it's what happens with ambitious owners always looking for improvements.

If Douglas is going then surely we can't be planning to start with doc at RWB?

I mean, Douglas is much better than doc

Kudos to Tim 2 for a real genuine shock post too.

Yep. Castro, Doherty, maye Zinchenko/new LWB and then it depends if Nuno thinks Vinagre is ready (I think he is)

As I say, the contract angle comes into it too.

Persevere with him for a year, he's not very good or he gets dropped, he isn't going to sign up again if he's not playing and then he walks for nothing next June. If we want to cash in then it has to be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back