• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Nixon
‏@reluctantnicko

Wolves. To pay the 18m up front for Traore at Middlesbrough. So they will have to sell one or two. Boro will also replace with the cash.

Makes a change that his bullshit doesn't end with "bit in paper"

We'll probably be forced to sell Berra.

Paddy Power on the ball here

Paddy Power
@paddypower
Sky Sources are reporting that Wolves are interested in absolutely everybody.

Tim Spiers
‏@tim_spiers_Star
Following Following @tim_spiers_Star
More
As per reports elsewhere, I'm told there is interest from Wolves in Barcelona's Colombian defender Yerry Mina, but any deal is 'unlikely' #wwfc

Around 10pm tonight Nashy will tweet saying deal is done...

Nixon going hard on Traore happening, difficult to see him repeat the same tosh all the time without his bit in the paper part if its crap.

Clearly traore signing and Douglas leaving on the same day is a like for like positional move from Nuno :)

Thank you to Barry for last season - not sure that he had enough for the PL so better that he goes now with our good wishes rather than we keep him & he tarnishes his record with us (not going to feel massively unhappy for him as no doubt he was paid reasonably whilst he was here & will still be getting a lot more than I have ever earn't when he arrives at Leeds)

The one thing we did last time we were in the PL was to stay too loyal to those who had got us there (whether by choice or because we couldn't tempt anyone else in) - clearly that is not happening this time

I can see it both ways regarding Barry. On the one hand, I think he absolutely deserved the chance to play in the Prem based on last season. On the other, his value will never be higher for the rest of his career and this means we double our money on him.

It's a tough one.

I can see it both ways regarding Barry. On the one hand, I think he absolutely deserved the chance to play in the Prem based on last season. On the other, his value will never be higher for the rest of his career and this means we double our money on him.

It's a tough one.
Double?

£1m - £5m.

I do think we're past the days of people having "earned the chance" or whatever. He played his part in the project of getting us up, no doubt got paid handsomely for it, got to enjoy all the celebrations and now he gets to move on to something else. I think footballers just accept that this is the way it works. Seems like a nice, grounded bloke - good luck to him.

Double?

£1m - £5m.
More than double but the point is you don't get that kind of return on investment for a 28 year old defender too often.

Last time were in the Premier we didn't evolve enough (whether by choice/loyalty issues or because we couldn't get anyone else to come)

That clearly is not happening this time & we have more upward movement as a result (assuming that the buying is as competent as it was last year)

More than double but the point is you don't get that kind of return on investment for a 28 year old defender too often.
Nope.

It's like our owners know a thing or 2 about this investing lark...

Jonny in the bag man this is the best transfer window ever.

So we have a big Jonny to go with our big Willy...

Please please refrain from the contraception jokes. They are about as funny as amputating a leg.

Anyway, Talkshite were just doing a feature on teams that could threaten the top six. They covered Everton, West Ham, Leicester and WOLVES. Goughie - I can't see top six but they are in a position already to give it a good go and worry those in the top places (that was specifically about us)

WE HAVE ARRIVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back