• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, Mina and Grimaldi next please. Then follow it with an insane deal for a stonking forward, and maybe Zinchenko too. Not so fussed about Traore personally.

That was funny for a couple of minutes at Spartacus' expense, but I agree it is now a significant level of overkill as well!

I do think we're past the days of people having "earned the chance" or whatever.

Absolutely this. At what point does their chance end? A game? A month? A transfer window? A season? If the manager doesn't feel they will make the step up or has better options then getting rid is the right thing to do.

Not going to feel sorry for Bazza - he will have earned a decent wage with us & no doubt will still do so at Leeds

He has my thanks for his performances last season, but that's is all & it's what he was paid for

He clearly enjoyed his time here. Personally and professionally. Now he goes somewhere new with our blessing and our thanks.

He was fucking deadly but if we can't carry him just for free kicks then that's the way it is. Loved watching him and will be grateful for everything he did (which was a lot) and wish him well for the future.

He was $#@!ing deadly but if we can't carry him just for free kicks then that's the way it is. Loved watching him and will be grateful for everything he did (which was a lot) and wish him well for the future.
As good as his FKs were I can't imagine trying to justify having him take them ahead of Ruben or João.

As good as his FKs were I can't imagine trying to justify having him take them ahead of Ruben or João.
Not so sure, shots at goals no, but I don't think I've seen a better Wolves free kick taker in terms of balls into the box. His whip and pace was second to none including Neves. As Booz says you can't keep him in the team for that alone though.

Barry was somewhat like Sam Ricketts - came in & did the job we needed at the time

Was not necessarily what we needed after that journey was completed

Both will be fondly remembered, but there would be no point holding on to them after that point.

Douglas was still training with Wolves this morning according to Mikey Burrows.

We shouldn't have dropped Ricketts for Doherty in 2014. Weird move that by Ken.

At that point issue was more finding a better right back as clearly Ricketts legs at this level had gone unfortunately. Iorfa eventually came in and was great for that short period of time

Sky reporting Douglas bid now. Rising to £3M.

We obviously do our medicals at Hollywood Bowl at Teesside Park now.

Look at him. :icon_lol:
2840ef6c5fb158e964c21ea996ee7be6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back