• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Coentrao any good still? Surplus to requirements at Real, still only 30, 1 year left on his contract and on £80k p/w.
Anyone? We could probably get him for around the same price as Douglas.

Never been a big fan of Coentrao tbh. Spent a career trading off a couple of decent games at the 2010 World Cup.

Dreadful haircut as well.

Not saying it will happen but we’ve asked about Lindelof a couple of times this summer. Hoping United may loan him out but not much happening as of yet.

Suppose that means that nothing will happen until United get a replacement in.

Clearly Jose loves his massive head. Amazing what a decent World Cup can do to a players value.

few clubs after Lindelof including Benfica would slot in nicely in that RCB role for us.

Saiss would be better IMO; he knows the system.
I like Saiss and I don't mind him filling in there but I think Lindelof would be a decent upgrade on that. My first choice would be Mina but I think our chances of making that deal are slim, I also like to make sure that there is no situation where Danny Batth would be required so I would like another signing even if Nuno saw Saiss as the solution in that spot.

They’re apparently miles apart in their valuation though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeptical about Lindelöf; he was awful every time I saw him for United last season.

Skeptical about Lindelöf; he was awful every time I saw him for United last season.
Let's just wait for Johnny to turn up and say you don't know what you were watching ;)

I like Saiss and I don't mind him filling in there but I think Lindelof would be a decent upgrade on that. My first choice would be Mina but I think our chances of making that deal are slim, I also like to make sure that there is no situation where Danny Batth would be required so I would like another signing even if Nuno saw Saiss as the solution in that spot.

I'm doubtful Lindelof would be an upgrade on Saiss, but he would be better than Batth. I agree Mina would be a good acquisition but he's probably a figment of someone's imagination.

There is no doubt he started poorly for Man U but he looked decent in the World Cup and they didn't splash out 30 million for nothing. If he had lived up to his expectation straight away I doubt we would have the chance to sign him.

It often takes some time to adapt to a new league and over here things are played at a much faster pace than he would have been used to so far, I am not sure 13 games is enough to make a full judgment on him but I personally think its a risk worth taking if the Mina deal doesn't happen.

Plus the way we play with him being a CB/RB pushing out to the flank as Boly does should suit him.

We shall see there is no way of knowing, if its a loan to permanent (without obligation) I would be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back