• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where he drinks in Stafford if you're keen for a word. Only lager and worthies on draft though so I'd give it a miss.

Says it all :icon_wink:

Only just got back. Piece out in the morning.

Reading the wording from the meeting I am wondering if we are seeing another situation similar to last august where fans were desperate and panic stricken for a striker but Nuno/the club were confident in Bonatini. We technically have two strikers who fit that role now and then Jota who offers something different when used there, I am now thinking that area is considered done this window.

There are some players in that squad who should be asking themselves what the hell they've done with their careers

How much do we think getting all of these guys off the wage bill will free up per week? £10k or so, perhaps? That's not nothing I guess.

And shame about Ronan, to echo others, though I suppose the players intended for loans rather than transfers might still think they have one last chance, if they can take it.

Ronan should have enough about him to make a career somewhere at a decent level, he's probably missed the boat at Wolves though with MGW climbing above him in the pecking order last season. He needs to get out and play some football that suits him, think Sheffield United would be a good place for him, he could be a less cunty John Fleck.

A lot more than that, I'd guess:
Graham £2k
Gladon £4k
Ronan £2k
Zyro £6k
Mason £6k
EEL £4k
Iorfa £5k
Deslandes £2k
Simpson £1k
Wilson £1k
Phil £10k
Total £43k (£2.2m pa)

Like Ronan, but I do think we've moved quicker than he has in a short space of time. Not helped by a fairly average loan last season.

It's a shame for Ronan. A lot of talent and a very good footballer, unfortunate to not find a role in our system last season like Bright, MGW were seen to fit into. Was excellent when he came on against Southampton, best player on the pitch in the second half and changed the game. If we don't see him as making it here then best to let him make the most of his career elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we see him in the Premier League

Ronan like Marshall and to a degree Graham are just the wrong player at the wrong time. There was a bit which came out of the Jeff meeting yesterday about Nuno being very clear about having players that suit his system and not crowbarring players in. None of those do unfortunately. I worry about MGW further down the line as well unless he grows into a centre mid role.

Ronan like Marshall and to a degree Graham are just the wrong player at the wrong time. There was a bit which came out of the Jeff meeting yesterday about Nuno being very clear about having players that suit his system and not crowbarring players in. None of those do unfortunately. I worry about MGW further down the line as well unless he grows into a centre mid role.

MGW looked very well suited to CM against Stoke on Weds, very different to last season. He had bulked up a bit and was very strong in the tackle, but able to get forward quickly too. Thought he looked very well suited to partnering Neves tbh, very complimentary.

MGW looked very well suited to CM against Stoke on Weds, very different to last season. He had bulked up a bit and was very strong in the tackle, but able to get forward quickly too. Thought he looked very well suited to partnering Neves tbh, very complimentary.
Nice to hear, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back