• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KJ didn't use him properly, a theme.
Like Ronan, but I do think we've moved quicker than he has in a short space of time. Not helped by a fairly average loan last season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MGW looked very well suited to CM against Stoke on Weds, very different to last season. He had bulked up a bit and was very strong in the tackle, but able to get forward quickly too. Thought he looked very well suited to partnering Neves tbh, very complimentary.

Glad to hear that.

A shame he's going to have limited opportunities this season, though, what with Moutinho and with Tim II saying we're still looking for another CM. He'll get some cup games, I'm sure, but I'd have loved to see him getting a run in the first team.

MGW looked very well suited to CM against Stoke on Weds, very different to last season. He had bulked up a bit and was very strong in the tackle, but able to get forward quickly too. Thought he looked very well suited to partnering Neves tbh, very complimentary.

I thought he was poor. Looked lost. When going forward looked great but defensively not so much. But he's young and going to be a very good player if he can adapt to that role, it will take time though and he's learning form the best so I have no concerns he will be able to adapt to that role eventually. He's miles away from that now based on the Stoke game (which I freely admit you can't). He reminds me of a young Roy Keane who used to bollock forward when he could for Forest and only when he moved to United did his game become more rounded.

I thought Watt and Goncalves were more natural centrally, Watt in the deeper role reminded me of Gilberto/ Fernandinho in style whereas Goncalves has a touch and vision further forwards that reminded me of Ramsey/ David Silva. Both are still learning the game but very promising.

Assuming Douglas is gone, we still only have a first team group of 21 including 3 keepers and excluding those that will go back to U23's when the season starts. Still room for another couple of signings and Bright and Giles to go out and get some football.

I can't believe the people on MolMix upset at not being invited to the meeting last night - how childish!

I know there were some right tools on there last night. Including one who was having a go at Deutsch for being invited because his account on there only has 100+ posts.

I can't believe the people on MolMix upset at not being invited to the meeting last night - how childish!

That place really is embarrassing sometimes; I really hope wolves don't now see that forum as the go-to representation of wolves supporters.

Assuming Douglas is gone, we still only have a first team group of 21 including 3 keepers and excluding those that will go back to U23's when the season starts. Still room for another couple of signings and Bright and Giles to go out and get some football.

If we don't get a top class wing back (i.e. Grimaldo) then I think Giles and Vinagre may well split time there. I've been very impressed with Giles, it was only Stoke, but he had Ince in his pocket and the boy has top speed.

I thought he was poor. Looked lost. When going forward looked great but defensively not so much. But he's young and going to be a very good player if he can adapt to that role, it will take time though and he's learning form the best so I have no concerns he will be able to adapt to that role eventually. He's miles away from that now based on the Stoke game (which I freely admit you can't). He reminds me of a young Roy Keane who used to bollock forward when he could for Forest and only when he moved to United did his game become more rounded.

I thought Watt and Goncalves were more natural centrally, Watt in the deeper role reminded me of Gilberto/ Fernandinho in style whereas Goncalves has a touch and vision further forwards that reminded me of Ramsey/ David Silva. Both are still learning the game but very promising.

Weird how you can see this same thing so differently.

He looked to me as though he was sent out to play like Saiss and get around plus cover the wing backs. He put some good tackles in, though that chopper of a ref gave a few as fouls. His role was to get the ball and move it forward, not necessarily by passing - hes a different player to Goncalves, no way could he beat a man like MGW so doesn't even try.

I know there were some right tools on there last night. Including one who was having a go at Deutsch for being invited because his account on there only has 100+ posts.

How bitter was that one guy who just kept asking how DW managed to get an invite? He just wouldnt let it go.

This comes to mind...

thumb.png

If we don't get a top class wing back (i.e. Grimaldo) then I think Giles and Vinagre may well split time there. I've been very impressed with Giles, it was only Stoke, but he had Ince in his pocket and the boy has top speed.
I guess a lot depends on what side Jonny has been bought to primarily play. Personally I think it's the left as I don't believe we would have sold Douglas otherwise. Still hoping for that Doherty upgrade though.

That place really is embarrassing sometimes; I really hope wolves don't now see that forum as the go-to representation of wolves supporters.

I am guessing there are a lot more members registered there than here, so they see it as more representative of Wolves fans as a whole - which is fair enough really. Just made me laugh the people crying about not getting an invite to the party!

I guess a lot depends on what side Jonny has been bought to primarily play. Personally I think it's the left as I don't believe we would have sold Douglas otherwise. Still hoping for that Doherty upgrade though.

That surely depends on whether we get Zinchenko over the line. Jonny can play on either side, but, unless we're buying Zinchenko to sit on the bench behind Moutinho and Neves, he pretty much has to play left-back.

Weird how you can see this same thing so differently.

He looked to me as though he was sent out to play like Saiss and get around plus cover the wing backs. He put some good tackles in, though that chopper of a ref gave a few as fouls. His role was to get the ball and move it forward, not necessarily by passing - hes a different player to Goncalves, no way could he beat a man like MGW so doesn't even try.

All about opinions. I don't think MGW, Gonclaves or Watt are comparable players they all do different things.

That surely depends on whether we get Zinchenko over the line. Jonny can play on either side, but, unless we're buying Zinchenko to sit on the bench behind Moutinho and Neves, he pretty much has to play left-back.
I don't think he's coming, his heart isn't in it and I don't think City will force him.

Been on MM a few times recently. The posters seem very... How do I put it. Want to be ITK and are better than you because they are all super fans.

All about opinions. I don't think MGW, Gonclaves or Watt are comparable players they all do different things.

Agree there, Goncalves looks a great back up to Neves, if perhaps a bit lightweight were he to play next to Moutinho. Didn't really see enough of Watt to make an opinion tbh.

Been on MM a few times recently. The posters seem very... How do I put it. Want to be ITK and are better than you because they are all super fans.

I went there a couple of times,it was like being in a primary school classroom after the kids had been fed fizzy pop and sweets all day and it was the last day of term,didn't see any signs of sensible debate,everybody just had to point score off each other,much prefer being on here

Stop reading here - That said, this was clearly not the place for asking “why ay we signed Marcus Rashford yet”

NOT GOOD ENOUGH and I bet you didn't ask about the Liquidator...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back