• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt he started poorly for Man U but he looked decent in the World Cup and they didn't splash out 30 million for nothing. If he had lived up to his expectation straight away I doubt we would have the chance to sign him.

It often takes some time to adapt to a new league and over here things are played at a much faster pace than he would have been used to so far, I am not sure 13 games is enough to make a full judgment on him but I personally think its a risk worth taking if the Mina deal doesn't happen.

Plus the way we play with him being a CB/RB pushing out to the flank as Boly does should suit him.

We shall see there is no way of knowing, if its a loan to permanent (without obligation) I would be all over it.

Although that's certainly true in some cases I don't think it really makes me feel any better. Mangala cost north of £30m and it never mattered in the end. Davinson Sanchez came over from an arguably weaker league and never looked as poor as Lindelöf.

I dunno. If we can't get Mina there are other places I'd look. But maybe our system would help Victor out. Hard to say definitively.

Although that's certainly true in some cases I don't think it really makes me feel any better. Mangala cost north of £30m and it never mattered in the end. Davinson Sanchez came over from an arguably weaker league and never looked as poor as Lindelöf.

I dunno. If we can't get Mina there are other places I'd look. But maybe our system would help Victor out. Hard to say definitively.
Agree on Mangala he really has been a disaster, which was evident when we played them he was very clearly the weak link albeit Bright was awesome that day.

Lindelof was rubbish for United I agree, but then he was really impressive in the play-off with Italy and had a decent World Cup. There's clearly a good defender in there, but it is about whether we think Nuno can get it out of him. Granqvist helped him out a lot at the WC I thought, he was brilliant. Lindelof might need another good CB alongside him to help him keep focused, à la Williamson with Batth.

Hearing Rojo is on the way to Wolves. Nothing jimminent, but this would open the door to a new CB signing (Maguire most likely). Rojo is a mendes client and wants to leave over playing concerns. Would be given a starting role at Wolves

Trolling us...

few clubs after Lindelof including Benfica would slot in nicely in that RCB role for us.

Benfica hired two centre backs, Lema and Conti. Shouldn't go after a third one at this time.

Lindelof is a very nice player. Never actually showed his game in Man Utd. He was on the starting eleven of Benfica for an entire season, counts for something (although our league is crap).

It seems a few off MMix have met with Jeff Shi tonight, talking about transfer policy and how we go about them.

We are 100% not in for Andre Silva. Never have been. Straight from Shi's mouth.

It seems a few off MMix have met with Jeff Shi tonight, talking about transfer policy and how we go about them.

We are 100% not in for Andre Silva. Never have been. Straight from Shi's mouth.

Not all from MMix...

Was just going to say I have a feeling someone else attended..

Well this is fun, do we have to ask questions to get clues about what's going on?

Here's the pertinent stuff from the Mix (yeah I know but it's worth it in this case):

[FONT=&quot]we were discussing how the club goes about transfer, and transfers in general.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Shi mentioned how we are continually linked with a player who we have zero interest in. One of us guessed Talisca, and he openly said no, Andre Silva.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Wolves despite being constantly linked with silva, have never had any interest, discussions or intention for him to come to Wolves.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Straight from the horses mouth tonight.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Don’t rate him/doesn’t fit with what we want in a player. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]That’s why Afobe was sold, and it’s clear we are meticulous in our transfers. The right player and the right person.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No dickheads.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We only go for players that will fit in Nuno’s system. Andre Silva isn’t that type of player he won’t fit in the system we were never ever interested. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The others may back me up, but the thing I took from tonight’s meeting was trust, being, open, honest and supportive - and that goes both ways, fans to the club and club to the fans. I am 100% certain there was no smoke / mirrors or double bluffs.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Silva isn’t a player in Wolves sights.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We were careful not to push. (for info). [/FONT][FONT=&quot]We are in for Zinchenko, we are being kept waiting.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It’s fair to say that they are working hard to bring players in but, at present, we presently aren’t as attractive as a London club or a big six club, the only way we will change this is by success and careful player purchases such as Moutinho, Neves, Patricio etc and continue to grow the fan base and revenue streams.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]One thing that came over loud and clear, player selection and signings are a management team effort, encompassing numerous people. There is no such thing as a Kevin Thelwell signing or a George Mendes signing it’s a group effort whether it’s Ruddy/Bennett on a free or Neves for 15m.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There were a couple of leading questions about a Centre Forward but the option to confirm or deny wasn’t taken up so we are no Wiser regarding our intentions there than anyone else.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mr Shi expressed his frustration with how transfers are dealt with/gossiped about.[/FONT]

On Douglas:

[FONT=&quot]Mentioned and Jeff didn’t deny it, it seems he’s on his way. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He has been offered very good terms by Leeds and, although it wasn’t said, I suppose it’s ultimately, a good deal for the club. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I got the feeling that Douglas isn’t being forced out it’s as much his choice as ours.[/FONT]

I can't believe Thelwell didn't invite you Johnny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back