• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Asda are not doing well and if the Sainsbury's deal get knocked back they will need cash. Plus their takings must be well down with all the road closures when wolves play.

Bully side is university land.

South Bank car park we will get, and probably at a very good price, but it make take some time as it is all tied up in the Carillion administration.

If we were staying in the immediate area then to do a Spurs style rebuild you absolutely would need to be well into the Asda footprint.

As far as I'm aware the University only hires the car parks and stuff from the club which will stop soon: they're knocking down the Randall Lines halls to build a multi-storey.

I don't think we have heard a conclusion to that yet, but I am sure we get something from negotiations. The only real fly in the ointment is basically the Feathers which they use for something or other now. Everything else appears far enough back to fit a new larger Bully in, especially if they get rid of the curve in the stand. I suppose the other question is whether you need to keep the extension to Jack Hayward way in place. I think you do because there is a connection to the road to university buildings by the Feathers. Nothing to really stop the stand going virtually to the pavement there though, as long as they work out a way to stop the turnstile queues becoming an even worse bottleneck than it is now.

It was used for the Apprenticeship Hub, but I'm sure that's moving from what I've heard. They don't own the land behind the Steve Bull stand or in front of the Lord Paul building: the council were going to pedestrianise that last I heard as - like I said - the University are building a multi-storey further up the road rather than renting the club car parks like they do at the mo.

Can I just clarify that not once did I say that the Steve Bull side of the ground was a pressing issue in terms of land ownership...nor did I imply that. I couldn't even if I wanted to as there were no specifics beyond what I reported, we do not own all of the land around Molineux at present but we are working on it.

As they fully intend to work on the South Bank before any other stand, if you wanted to make an educated guess then you would suspect the issue (however minor or major it is) would be at that end of the ground.

We certainly won't be paying Asda off any time soon. As the North Bank currently holds around 8,000 at full capacity and it was completed just six years ago there is no immediate prospect of a rebuild at that end. The current idea is to literally double the capacity of the South Bank, that alone will take our capacity over 36,000, before we even touch the Steve Bull.

Didn't the Morgan plans of the rebuld take us up to 50k if we did the Billy Wright as well?

So for Fosuns vision we need to find close to 10k that can be added within the current stadium.

Presume the Single tier SB will add a few...possibility of going 3 tiers down the side of the pitch?

If the upper end of Fosun's ambitions is indeed 60k (and that's probably about the level you'd want for a proper top tier European club stadium in one of the big European leagues these days), then it probably wouldn't take much to add 5-10k to the Morgan plans as well. Do the longer sides with a curved higher rooflines, give it a bit of a bowl look like the Emirates or Etihad, job done. And it makes sense to me that they're working with the same architects - easier to take existing plans and adjust, and quicker too. The external look of the building can change quite a lot without requiring much change of the internal steel framework that underpins it, and that's all already planned out. They might be looking to get something a bit more "prestige" to wrap around it than the Morgan North Bank, would be my guess, to go with newer plans that are in the works.

From a practical point of view it'd be ideal if we could rebuild the Billy Wright vastly higher than at present to eliminate the issue of the sun setting in everyone's face on the other side for a massive chunk of the season...

I'm no architect, I'm not going to pretend to know loads about stadium design or day-to-day building practicalities. Just clarifying a point on land ownership and scotching the idea that we would totally rebuild and shift the ground, the first strand there has been overblown over the last couple of days by the look of it and on the second point it just looks extremely unlikely.

Remember Spurs had the benefit of moving to Wembley for a year, it isn't that far from WHL. Bit of a pain in the arse but meh, do it for a year and there are zero connotations with regard to playing at someone else's ground because only England play there. Where on earth would we go for a year? Or even two?

Once they start work on the South Bank then that idea is totally out of the question anyway and in a year's time I expect that to be fully under way, unless we get relegated.

Remove the roof and build something like this on the South Bank car park. We’ll all get as wet as the North Bank, but it’ll increase capacity.

AC728_C74_4_A65_4057_84_F3_C70220_FD2_FE1.jpg

Only places we could possibly share are Albion and villa,isn't anywhere else local the size we would want

I do not want to be schlepping to Aston for a year, thank you very much.

The Hawthorns is way too small, they'd only just about be able to accommodate our season ticket holders and the away fans with virtually nothing else on top. Plus they're not going to have Wolves playing there any more than Arsenal would have invited Spurs over for a season, it just wouldn't happen.

Jesus - it would be pie and pint gate x 9/11

I do not want to be schlepping to Aston for a year, thank you very much.

30k people extra on the M6 trying to get from Wolverhampton to Birmingham for an evening game just doesn't bear thinking about.

Then there's the fact that we match fixtures with Villa for policing purposes adds to the difficulties.

Great stuff mate.

Not seen those Robbie Keane goals for years - that touch for his 2nd at Carrow Road when he rolls it past the defender was sheer filth. Hadn't he only just turned 17 about a month before that?

Great stuff mate.

Not seen those Robbie Keane goals for years - that touch for his 2nd at Carrow Road when he rolls it past the defender was sheer filth. Hadn't he only just turned 17 about a month before that?

Aye, he's not even a year older than us.

I now feel really ancient as I am over eight years older than young master Keane.

Great read Dan

And here's me feeling old because MGW is younger than me.

Back