• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

He is rather good isn't he, do you think it keeps him grounded talking to the likes of us ??

Excellent as ever.

On the land thing could we not work with the council to issue Compulsory Purchase Orders?

Spurs did it for the new WHL and q council can issue them if the public interest outweighs the opposition, a new huge stadium attracting thousands of people to the local economy could do it...

Compulsorily purchasing a few houses is a rather different legal kettle of fish to compulsorily purchasing a chunk of land on which one of the biggest retailers in the world has a very profitable megastore.

Wolves don't need to buy Asda, there's already tons of space that end of the ground.

Yeah, I thought they were on about the Bully side and around the back of the South Bank

Bully side is university land.

South Bank car park we will get, and probably at a very good price, but it make take some time as it is all tied up in the Carillion administration.

If we were staying in the immediate area then to do a Spurs style rebuild you absolutely would need to be well into the Asda footprint.

South Bank car park we will get, and probably at a very good price, but it make take some time as it is all tied up in the Carillion administration.

If we were staying in the immediate area then to do a Spurs style rebuild you absolutely would need to be well into the Asda footprint.

I thought we had agreed to build (or find) somewhere else for the University as well as paying something for the land they owned? Did I imagine that or did they not accept

I don't think we have heard a conclusion to that yet, but I am sure we get something from negotiations. The only real fly in the ointment is basically the Feathers which they use for something or other now. Everything else appears far enough back to fit a new larger Bully in, especially if they get rid of the curve in the stand. I suppose the other question is whether you need to keep the extension to Jack Hayward way in place. I think you do because there is a connection to the road to university buildings by the Feathers. Nothing to really stop the stand going virtually to the pavement there though, as long as they work out a way to stop the turnstile queues becoming an even worse bottleneck than it is now.

I think this is an area Fosun will investigate heavily.

No way they need to intrude on Asda, and if so then you've got a road to stop up before you even worry about getting as far as Asda.

If you are building a whole new ground next to the current site so we don't have to groundshare then you would have to.

Well yeah but we aren't going to do that.

Can't see us building a whole new ground, it will be development of the current ground

Well yeah but we aren't going to do that.

I wouldn't rule it out. A small chance it may happen.

If the ground can't be made 60k as Jeff and co want it on the current footprint they will certainly look at that as an option, especially as they can learn from what Spurs have done.
Nowhere else within the City they could really build a new Stadium and no one wants an out of town one.

I dunno. Maybe not immediately. I think we will extend what we have and wring as many seats out of that footprint as we can in the short to medium term. In the long term if we were to need colossal capacity then an Asda site rebuild would be the way to go.

If you are building a whole new ground next to the current site so we don't have to groundshare then you would have to.
Even with the Asda land there wouldn't be enough space to completely rebuild Molineux, even at it's current size, next to the existing ground. Not that it's likely to happen anyway, Dan said the other day they working with the same architect from the North Bank rebuilt to continue the theme so doesn't sound like that stand is going anywhere.

Dan said the other day they working with the same architect from the North Bank rebuilt to continue the theme so doesn't sound like that stand is going anywhere.

Doesn't mean we are going to use them though, makes sense to get them considering they started the latest rebuild and if we can redevelop from Morgans starting point then great. First thing they should be asking them is how to solve the issue of those seats in the North Bank being useless because they put a fuck off piece of concrete in the way that blocks most of the view. If they can't offer what Fosun want, then we will go elsewhere and possibly look at other options

Doesn't mean we are going to use them though, makes sense to get them considering they started the latest rebuild and if we can redevelop from Morgans starting point then great. First thing they should be asking them is how to solve the issue of those seats in the North Bank being useless because they put a fuck off piece of concrete in the way that blocks most of the view. If they can't offer what Fosun want, then we will go elsewhere and possibly look at other options

Why go to them at all if your plan is a full rebuild that removes their previous work? Then they'd have no legacy to continue and there'd be no benefit in having them for continuity.

Are the useless seats the ones blocked by the WV1 accessible areas? They've always looked like a late addition to me, difficult thing to implement where they are because they need to be at a higher level than all the surrounding seats otherwise they don't get level access from WV1 whereas the other accessible areas which are always set at the bottom of the stand where they get level access and so all other seats are by default above them. They might have been better extending the whole terrace from WV1 out to the line of those couple of accessible areas so all seats are below/in front rather than lost round corners but you'd lose a few full rows now to implement that and so you'd be losing revenue to provide what's probably an excessive amount of accessible spaces. Alternatively they could maybe extend the Steve Bull side platform fully round the corner through the quadrant so there isn't anyone trapped round a corner who can't see part of the pitch, it'd take up less seats and leave less excess accessible areas.

Why go to them at all if your plan is a full rebuild that removes their previous work? Then they'd have no legacy to continue and there'd be no benefit in having them for continuity.

I have no clue on this. Maybe as they had already done plans for the Morgan rebuild of the Stadium it is the easiest starting point. I am clueless on this area but all I am saying is basically nothing is off the table with Fosun and their plans for the future of the Stadium. So whilst it is more than likely we will end up with the current stadium getting done in stages it would not be mad to think they would look at doing a Spurs or a complete move.

Are the useless seats the ones blocked by the WV1 accessible areas? They've always looked like a late addition to me, .

They are the seats at the top of the lower tier, before the corner. They were spotted quite early on, i think, by the bods on that Forum that followed the rebuild via the webcam.
They are a couple of things in the North Bank that I think were badly done. That restricted seat and the exits in the upper tier are dangerous. If there ever was an emergency in the top tier that needed a quick evacuation, it would be a crush as people tried to get to the stairs

Back