• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Yes and he was shit (and still is shit).

We were determined not to sell Afobe to Norwich. I think from that point on he was in turn determined to leave. In fact I do believe that he only ever saw Wolves as a short term stepping stone, if we'd gone up when he first arrived then great, if not and he'd done alright then he wanted out. Do I blame him, no, because the club was being mothballed to an extent and our 78 points in 2014/15 was going to be the high watermark of that period, and only going one way from there. But don't go spouting shit publicly and don't start kissing your fucking badge.

Anyway. I stand by the piece. We don't play the kind of football to make the most of his natural gifts, he doesn't have the attributes to fit into how we play now and he'd be too expensive for what he is and what he's proven so far at PL level. Depends who goes down this season, he could be the big signing for one of the relegated teams after they've sold off the stars, next season's Assombalonga if you will. And he'd probably do ok, providing that new club played to his strengths. But that isn't where we are.

No idea if it's a Wolves-only thing but there are forever stories and wishful thinking linking us with an emotional return for one or several ex-players. Fucking hell, it's been the story with Robbie Keane for the best part of a decade now, even STILL cropping up this month, in 2018, when he's older than I am.

An outstanding analysis ! ! !

Measured, analytical and entertaining to read. Long may they continue !

Great read. I live 250 miles away from Wolverhampton and because of that and work commitments I rarely see a live match so to be able to read such informative and entertaining stuff from a real fan rather than the ramblings of a hack with an agenda is great!

I look forward to reading it. I get a 'There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.' when I try and access it but that could be because I'm at work.

It's my hosts being weird. I've fixed it now (well, moaned at them and got them to fix it)

Its a bit late but I would like to add my respect for your very informative and entertaining piece

Excellent piece Deutsch.

Still think we need cover at RWB. Nuno and co. must have discussed this amongst themselves and it would be interesting to know what they think as it is an obvious potential problem situation. They don't seem the gambling types, so there must be something planned.

BTW glad you're feeling better.

Excellent piece Deutsch.

Still think we need cover at RWB. Nuno and co. must have discussed this amongst themselves and it would be interesting to know what they think as it is an obvious potential problem situation. They don't seem the gambling types, so there must be something planned.

German Phil is suddenly going to have ankles he can run on

What is the update with German Phil? What’s the actual diagnosis? He had a broken foot in summer, so what is it now.

Whatever the problem was in the Summer he simply can't recover. Seems to get to the stage where he is about to start full training and he can't do it. The last update we got was in December though so who knows where he is right now.

Great article DW, even if I don't agree with it all :)

Well done on keeping calm on twitter today too, the absolute state of your timeline!

I just had a quick read and it’s painful stuff

Comes with the territory, doesn't it.

Back