• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Great stuff mate, agree with all of that! I think we should all just enjoy the ride.

What are the possibilities of Wolves allowing access to the players , manager etc? That would be just magnificent.

Excellent read, as always.

About Afobe, do you think it was more the fact that the way we played under Kenny forced him to drop into the number 10 role? I remember feeling sorry for him at the time. Agree that we shouldn't be in the market for him, though.

You want to try actually watching Wolves play before talking about them.

*joking - I saw some bellend on twitter accusing you of that over the weekend, despite all the clear and obvious links you are a Wolves fan.

Good stuff (as always :)...)

About Afobe, do you think it was more the fact that the way we played under Kenny forced him to drop into the number 10 role? I remember feeling sorry for him at the time. Agree that we shouldn't be in the market for him, though.
Was Afobe's choice to play that deeper role wasn't it? Pretty sure there was an interview where he was saying how happy he was to finally get a chance to play there as he felt it was his best position and be enjoyed seeing more of the ball. News flash Ben, you're wrong, and more fool Ken for pandering to that shit.

Afobe in that season did two jobs, one selfish one selfless. In late Summer and Autumn he decided the team was all about him and played like a low rent Wayne Rooney when he's lost it, trying to get on the ball all over the pitch and being anywhere other than in the box. Kenny indulged this and let him do it, poor management, but it was clearly Afobe led.

Around Xmas he performed a thankless task of running the channels, getting the ball lumped at him and waiting for Jordan Graham to join him, which he did without any obvious signs of complaint and we got a few decent results if not performances. That effort when it would be easy to have not bothered was why I have never bought into Moxey's version of events of the time leading up to the transfer where he threw him under the bus.

Great read Dan. Good to see you back on form.

Noticed I've never commended you on your blogs. Great work sir.

Great stuff mate, agree with all of that! I think we should all just enjoy the ride.

Great stuff, DW

nicely balanced.

Good read - though far too much common sense in there! :)

Good stuff (as always :)...)

Great read Dan. Good to see you back on form.

Noticed I've never commended you on your blogs. Great work sir.

Top work once again Dan.

Enjoyable read. Nicely written. I like.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. My apologies for the lack of content recently.

What are the possibilities of Wolves allowing access to the players , manager etc? That would be just magnificent.

Unlikely I would say. Wolves like to keep a very tight reign on things these days. They set up their own Wolves Academy Twitter account in response to the excellent unofficial one that has been running for a number of years (previously as @Comptonstars). So I don't think I'd have a way in there unless they decided to employ me, which is a pretty remote possibility (I don't think they have room for a professional smartarse). However ex-players are a different bag...I'm trying to work stuff out there now I'm a little bit better.

You want to try actually watching Wolves play before talking about them.

*joking - I saw some bellend on twitter accusing you of that over the weekend, despite all the clear and obvious links you are a Wolves fan.

I know, what can you do. Fucking imbecile. You can't have a reasonable discussion with some people so best to write it off and avoid a slanging match. That's social media for you.

Dan your blog is promoted all over facebook

Is it? That's nice. I wouldn't know tbh :icon_lol: I share it on a couple of groups and then wherever it goes from there is down to the power of the Internet. My sincere thanks to everyone who does take the time to share my work.

Was Afobe's choice to play that deeper role wasn't it? Pretty sure there was an interview where he was saying how happy he was to finally get a chance to play there as he felt it was his best position and be enjoyed seeing more of the ball. News flash Ben, you're wrong, and more fool Ken for pandering to that shit.

Afobe in that season did two jobs, one selfish one selfless. In late Summer and Autumn he decided the team was all about him and played like a low rent Wayne Rooney when he's lost it, trying to get on the ball all over the pitch and being anywhere other than in the box. Kenny indulged this and let him do it, poor management, but it was clearly Afobe led.

Around Xmas he performed a thankless task of running the channels, getting the ball lumped at him and waiting for Jordan Graham to join him, which he did without any obvious signs of complaint and we got a few decent results if not performances. That effort when it would be easy to have not bothered was why I have never bought into Moxey's version of events of the time leading up to the transfer where he threw him under the bus.

Yeah, as Mark and Tony say, he definitely wanted to play deeper. He didn't play there at all in 2014/15 - he was right up on the last man and Dicko ran the channels, while Sako was allowed to do his own thing on the left. Ken seemed to come up with his weird split striker idea around the same time as Afobe decided he fancied being a bit of a playmaker. Neither of them knew what they were doing.

You'll often hear talk (and Mr Spiers came out with it too) that his body language was poor near the end - I disagree completely with that, we were a very poor team playing no football but he was giving it everything despite the almost complete lack of service. However I do believe that he was angling for a move for some considerable time which is at odds with his "I want to put down roots here" statement, he's no angel in the affair (though clearly the club wanted to cash in and he was pretty much our only asset).

I think Afobe wanted to lay down some roots but when we saw our best player leave and be replaced by a (fucking useless) 18 year old I think he lost interest in staying.

Chances are Moxey made the same private quotes he did in public and it convinced him it was worth sticking around, that then petered out and he angled for/played for a move.

We'd also just been put up for sale, and were going to become a graveyard as we can all now testify.

I don't really blame him for getting out. Nor do I want him back.

He wanted to go in the Summer but Morgan persuaded him to stay and rejected a host of bids. Then Morgan decided to sell up, Benny wasn't happy and then got a little bit tapped up and Moxey accepted the first bid we got for him.

I think Afobe wanted to lay down some roots but when we saw our best player leave and be replaced by a ($#@!ing useless) 18 year old I think he lost interest in staying.

Chances are Moxey made the same private quotes he did in public and it convinced him it was worth sticking around, that then petered out and he angled for/played for a move.

We'd also just been put up for sale, and were going to become a graveyard as we can all now testify.

I don't really blame him for getting out. Nor do I want him back.
Who was the 18 year old? Ojo?

Back