• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Oscillating Wildly Thread

Great stuff. Sounded a very relaxed expert informative interview.

A couple of my friends have tagged me in your original tweet that has now been shared by Unilad Sport on facebook. You're blowing up the internet Dan!

Should have done a bit of namedropping, told them you had a pint with that guy only a couple of days ago... :D

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Here I was thinking I had the 'TWF Tweet of the year' award with over 200,000 impressions, over 1k retweets & 1.8k likes of my video of Wolves jizzing on Villa from an enormous height... and then you come along and blow those figures out of the water - you bastard! :icon_lol:

My tweet is still being retweeted several weeks later, so you better strap yourself in for those notifications to continue for a while yet.

Listened to the interview and I thought you came across really well, mate. Well deserved.

Does Coleman going to Sunderland fit into this bracket too because of his club record? Or does his recent success with Wales give him some immunity?

Here I was thinking I had the 'TWF Tweet of the year' award with over 200,000 impressions, over 1k retweets & 1.8k likes of my video of Wolves jizzing on Villa from an enormous height... and then you come along and blow those figures out of the water - you bastard! :icon_lol:

My tweet is still being retweeted several weeks later, so you better strap yourself in for those notifications to continue for a while yet.

Listened to the interview and I thought you came across really well, mate. Well deserved.

What would Nuno say? The job's not done until it's done. You have a month yet to outdo me...and thanks mate :)

Does Coleman going to Sunderland fit into this bracket too because of his club record? Or does his recent success with Wales give him some immunity?

I've never viewed Coleman as anything other than a mid-to-lower table Championship manager, tactically he's very limited, his transfer record is rubbish and he has a serious ego. I think he's more or less found his level, if anything I'm surprised someone higher up the chain didn't get suckered into taking him because football clubs are quite stupid. Maybe they would have done (Albion?) if he'd hung on another week or two.

Finally got home and listened to the show, very natural there Dan you have a future in something other than sharing your thoughts on here and I think it would be a crying shame if that didn't happen. I think in many cases you put a compelling argument both on that show and generally and finally people outside TWF and Mol Mix are realizing that.

Personally I look forward to reading your reviews on here each week and your own site and I really hope if its want you want you make a career of it.

I think of the Wolves media team and what they look for, then i look at some of the media on the Wolves site and especially some of the interviews and questions they ask.....I think you could very easily be a part of that and strengthen them massively.

Anyway good stuff well done!

great interview Dan. hope something develops from it for you mate as your knowledge of football is superb.

So that's what you sound like!

Great stuff, Dan. That was a good listen.

And I know it's Twitter, so to be expected, but the amount of people on there so desperate to miss your point is shocking.

Well done DW

Link to Jynx's tweet anyone?

That Podcast is basically a gun to the head to buy that Sapiens book..

Good interview though Dan.

Fucking hell, he's gonna have a velvet rope around him in the pub pre-match now isn't he, and have to limit the autograph requests :icon_wink:

$#@!ing hell, he's gonna have a velvet rope around him in the pub pre-match now isn't he, and have to limit the autograph requests :icon_wink:
It'll be like meeting the pope or something,all line up and kiss his hand as you shuffle past,or everybody do the "we're not worthy" out of Wayne's world

The thing with posting stuff publicly on social media (or when it gets shared so widely) is that you have to filter out a lot of the comments as just white noise. Got to ignore a fair amount of it because it's just drivel. Plus you have people wilfully misunderstanding the point, then some who just want to be negative because...I don't know why, it goes with the territory. Sometimes I respond to people on Twitter, not that often though. Depends if they're trying to be constructive. My favourite ones are those that point at me being a Wolves fan as if that has anything to do with anything when I'm making a general point. It'd be like me criticising the rise of Alternative für Deutschland and someone saying "yeah but you have Theresa May lol", it's meaningless. But what can you do.

As for making more of it, I don't mind speaking on the radio or whatever, I like to think I'm alright at it. Problem is that so many stations are a bit lowest common denominator - there's a reason why WM for instance often use Charles Ross or Mel Eves, it's because they'll provide a contrary, negative view and that gets reaction. They aren't that interested in proper debate and discussion. Credit to XS who did just hear me out and talk about the matter properly, they were good guys.

Thanks again everyone.

What would Nuno say? The job's not done until it's done. You have a month yet to outdo me...and thanks mate :)

I've never viewed Coleman as anything other than a mid-to-lower table Championship manager, tactically he's very limited, his transfer record is rubbish and he has a serious ego. I think he's more or less found his level, if anything I'm surprised someone higher up the chain didn't get suckered into taking him because football clubs are quite stupid. Maybe they would have done (Albion?) if he'd hung on another week or two.

Isn't he the brother-in-law of Dean Saunders, if so enough said!

I'm a Vention boy! But we used to play football on Ashmore (where my Dad's from). Thanks mate.

I meant to reply to this earlier but got too busy. I remember playing a game for Perry Hall v Short Heath at a field just south of New Invention in 1955. I was playing inside-left (#10) and on the other side at inside-right (#8) was a youngster of promise named Alan Clarke (who went on to play for Walsall, Fulham, Leicester, Leeds, and England). He was excellent then and controlled the game. Our home field was on the green patch in the middle of Lawrence Avenue, just south of the Albion pub, which is south of Ashmore Park. So, two lads from the east side of Wolverhampton who both studied German at university but your writing, which I enjoy reading immensely because it is so insightful, is so much more accomplished than mine.

When i did airport transfers for a travel agent,Wayne Clarke was a regular,used to get a minibus just for his family,because anybody else who got on always said fucking hell you're Wayne Clarke! And want to talk football,he just wanted peace and quiet,he lives in new invention,on the road with the decent houses on the way to essington crossroads

Back