• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

Can't see it, there are no transfers in international football, nor signing on and appearance fees, what would his motivation be?

He’ll reject the offer when he realizes that Jermaine Defoe and Niko Kranjcar aren’t scottish

He’ll reject the offer when he realizes that Jermaine Defoe and Niko Kranjcar aren’t scottish

FIFA are currently looking at relaxing rules on representing more than 1 country, so......

Koeman sacked.

There'll be arguments as to who was to blame for some truly dire recruitment but it was becoming hard to see how they could limp to Jan/Feb with him, everything was all over the place.

No idea who they'll go for, Tuchel wants a CL job by all accounts and Ancelotti is unlikely to want anything other than an elite club, it's nearly 20 years since he managed anything other than a European giant. David Unsworth is very well regarded but that would be risky.

Heavy rumours this weekend they asked Moyes if he wants to return

Took longer than expected.

There was talk of Moyes being 'back in town' but surely Everton fans wouldn't be happy with that, a backward step. Similarly some of their fans calling for Ancelotti is rather fanciful

Heavy rumours this weekend they asked Moyes if he wants to return

Yuck.

His Sunderland were rancid, wouldn't fancy that Everton squad to be any better forced into a turgid 4411 formation.

They'll need to make some big January promises to get in anyone of note, it's a proper firefighting mission until that point because the squad is fucking mess that doesn't really lend itself to any formation at present.

If Moyes gets another decent PL job (in terms of club size etc) after three fairly horrible failures since 2013 then he's a very lucky man indeed.

I thought he'd end up taking the Scotland job for want of any other offer from anyone at all.

Everton are still fucked without Koeman until January. Squad is too old, too slow and imbalanced. Whoever signed off on signing Klaassen, Siggy and Rooney in the same window whilst not picking up a genuine striker needs booting also.

Are Everton in a position to offer money in January? They spent an awful lot this summer..?

Are Everton in a position to offer money in January? They spent an awful lot this summer..?

Well they need a striker, but god knows who you'll get in January. Also need a centre-back as Williams and Jagielka are done. Probably not got that much left I would imagine

Mohsiri is rich (although they have a stadium to fund as well...) and they did recoup about two thirds of what they spent this summer (Lukaku obviously making up the lion's share of that). Not going to be able to blow teams out of the water in January - not least because they might well still be in a relegation scrap, so who will want to join - but there will be some money there.

They need to get rid of a load of unsuitable and superfluous players and some of them still hold some value, so it's not all lost.

The good news for my eyes is that Cuco Martina's Premier League career should now be over.

They do have a decent looking run of fixtures coming up - Leicester (a), Watford (h), Palace (a), Southampton (a), West Ham (h), Huddersfield (h) are their next 6. Have ignored the Europa games as they're pretty much done in that.

Chance to get some points, especially if they get someone in who can get them playing with a proper formation and not the clusterfuck of players we saw yesterday. Not a great amount of options out there at the minute, if I were Everton I'd be going after Dyche

Moyes looked a broken man at Sunderland, it was painful watching him be interviewed (and then he had the whole incident with the reporter too).

You'd think a club of Everton's size could attract a Tuchel or maybe even Ancelotti (would love him back in this league) but seems they are going for Dyche?

Good opportunity for him, clearly a good manager but by step for him where he could hide behind Burnley's lack of finances often... for they sake of English coaches I hope he does well if he gets it

Ancelotti's clubs since 1999 are Milan, Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern. He will only want a job of similar standing. No need for him to take anything else. Everton are nothing like in that bracket.

Tuchel has an incredibly high opinion of himself (time will tell if that belief is justified or not) and he won't be taking over a team who are currently 18th in any league.

Ancelotti's clubs since 1999 are Milan, Juventus, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern. He will only want a job of similar standing. No need for him to take anything else. Everton are nothing like in that bracket.

Tuchel has an incredibly high opinion of himself (time will tell if that belief is justified or not) and he won't be taking over a team who are currently 18th in any league.

True! I thought he (Tuchel) would want the Bayern job but they are clearly waiting on Nagelsmann.

Just been listening to those clowns on The Monday Night Club on Five Live talking about Koeman's sacking and potential replacements. Luckily this is the BBC and they don't realise that there's football outside of the Premier League so they all think Sean Dyche should be the next manager. No mention of the manager top of the Championship. Nice one.

More than happy if they ignore any Championship Manager (though pretty sure that Nuno would not jump ship at this time - especially for Everton)

Ryan Giggs is the rumor for Everton that I heard.

Back