• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

Apparently Shakespeare was called in today and told that this season had been a Comedy of Errors. He told them if you feel that do things As You Like It. They sacked him and All's Well That Ends Well.

Apparently Shakespeare was called in today and told that this season had been a Comedy of Errors. He told them if you feel that do things As You Like It. They sacked him and All's Well That Ends Well.

Sounds like Much Ado About Nothing to me

It only counts if you can find a way to get Troilus and Cressida in with it being grammatically correct and making sense.

This thread is becoming a bit of a tragedy.

It only counts if you can find a way to get Troilus and Cressida in with it being grammatically correct and making sense.

Pah,dead easy,Leicester City are looking at Antony Troilus a highly rated left back from Dagenham town,said their under 16 scout Bob Cressida.
That do you?

Shakespeare said he was disappointed as he had two wonder kids ready to unleash on the premier league. Troilus and Cressida may now have to wait until the twelfth night of the new managers reign...

Both worthy efforts

I would have made T&C Two Gentlemen of Verona for a bonus point

Franks was way better than my half arsed attempt tbh

Not to belittle in anyway whatsoever what they achieved- but how quick a turn around in what we would have given to do what they achieved and now we have a manager and team and prospects they’d probably better bite our hand off for

Shakespeare last seen on the fosse way smoking a hamlet. He tried but it was loves labors lost. Returning them to a lofty position had proved a midsummer nights dream. Measure for measure the board felt he had come up short and they decided to act now rather than the saga be a winters tale. To avoid a tempest he was told by the two noble kinsmen that his time was done. He said it was as you like it.A new manager will be appointed within 2 Weeks's,probably around the 12 th night.

Poor guy. Apparently, when he went back to collect his things they told him he was Bard.

Cotterill confirmed, 2.5 year deal

Given the rapid imposition of his values and change in style and fortunes that Nuno (that foreign fella that doesn't know/understand this league) has brought to Wolves, it made me laugh all the more at that imbecile Steve Cotterill on WM saying how it takes time and could take up to a year to get his points across and develop his 'style'.

Blues are so lucky to have a manager that knows/understands this league!

Rumours about Conte leaving / being sacked by Chelsea

As in he might be, not that he has

I'd sack anyone who couldn't beat a team with Bruno Peres at right back, too.

Not sure about right now, but I struggle to see Conte being there this time next year. I think they'll go for Tuchel which could go either way.

Do you watch Serie A? He's an excellent player.

I grew attached to Roma before Wolves (although I'm more attached to Wolves than Roma, now). Peres is a great footballer but absolutely shocking defensively, you can just about get away with playing him in a back five but in a back four he is a complete liability. He had more bad games than I could count last season.

That emotional response aside, I've barely been able to catch any of Roma this season so it's possible he's improved, but he'd have to have had a Coady-esque renaissance to be even acceptable in a back four this year.

There has also been rumours of Conte taking the Italy job again for the WC (should we get there), I hope this is true

redknapp, only weeks after saying he was finished in football, is saying he's interested in the Scotland job.

Back