• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to ask why we aren’t just going straight for Iwobi instead, but then saw Fulham are spending £20m on him, so that answers that!

As for Reed, I seem to recall seeing him a few times where he was playing in a slightly advanced right hand midfield position, similar to the one we had Nunes playing in. Could it be that we’ve actually scouted him properly and have him pencilled in for that kind of role, with the ability to cover the two central midfield spots too?

In fact, if you have a look here, it shows him in that position:

Come on, Gomes is quality. Love to see him celebrating tackles and not treating the club like a doormat

He played very well against United, was poor against Brighton and ok against Everton.

I'm sure he'll be a good player for us, but with his age comes inconsistency.

Probably means we’ll see 4-3-3 and/or 3-5-2 more if we get Reed as well as Doyle

£4m the rumoured fee for Reed. Out of contract next summer.

I'd be happy with that - he's very consistent.
Can't think of a more relegated Soton central midfield of Doyle and Reed.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not that impressed by our transfer work.

I think our squad is hugely weaker now with the loss of Neves and Nunes and them not being replaced.

Can't think of a more relegated Soton central midfield of Doyle and Reed.

I think our squad is hugely weaker now with the loss of Neves and Nunes and them not being replaced.
It's definitely weaker. I do like Doyle and Reed though.

It's hard to really judge the recruitment as a whole when there are so many differing opinions about what's gone on behind the scenes. Nobody on the outside truly knows the exact restrictions placed on our recruitment team.

Proof, pudding etc etc.

Learnt not to get carried away or be pissed off until they show what they can do. Had transfer windows that looked ace but the players turned out to be shite for us.

Right now just delighted we are not popping the Nunes money in the bank and doing nothing.

The fees are lower and they are not Iberian so less to be excited about.

Good business done for a broke club though!

I'll take survival if it means investing next season new owners or not!

A name like Jesus Vallejo and its like the second cumming of Christ.
But a Craig Dawson it's like Meh!

We do love a good stick in the mud around here.

Nunes didn't have a great season last year but it was nowhere near as bad as some make out and he has undoubted quality. He would've been a key player for us this season if he had stayed, churlish to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back