• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird to keep getting good-ish deals. Shi learnt something or maybe someone unnamed is running negotiations?

Fair play either way.

Weird to keep getting good-ish deals. Shi learnt something or maybe someone unnamed is running negotiations?

Fair play either way.
Hobbs is doing everything on transfers

Fair play either way.

All Hobbs and the recruitment team I imagine. Looks like the days of relying on Mendes and his £40m superstars might be over...

Is the sudden opening of the wolfie wallett, due to Nunes, or Fosun groups announcement of over 10% rise in group profits?
Admittedly we've left our transfers incredibly late this year, but other than Collins a year ago, all our summer signings came in the final two weeks of the window (only 4 in's).

Surely Traore is off then if we're getting Reed *and* Doyle in.

Wonder if we're considering any footballers who actually create stuff at some point, or is the plan to just hope Sarabia gets the kind of time and space he did against Blackpool?

Must be wanting 3 in the middle for more games, but have no problem having a 5th mid better than a fit Hodge. Would just hope they're more attacking than what we've already got.

Surely Traore is off then if we're getting Reed *and* Doyle in.

Wonder if we're considering any footballers who actually create stuff at some point, or is the plan to just hope Sarabia gets the kind of time and space he did against Blackpool?
Sideways, sideways, sideways, backwards, backwards, hoof down field for Sasa or into the corners to chase. I can’t think of a single player that we have that will get bums off seats, Cunha and Neto on a good day? Survival seems to be the aim nothing else so I suppose the plan is ok.
I do understand signing Reed if we hadn’t already signed Doyle but it seems a complete mystery as we have plenty of try hard midfielders already.

Last edited:
Doyle will end up with more assists this season than Nunes did last season.

Granted, that's a very, very low bar but he's hardly Claude Makelele. He's actually got a decent delivery on him, takes corners, free kicks etc. There's definitely some creativity in him.

Doyle will end up with more assists this season than Nunes did last season.

Granted, that's a very, very low bar but he's hardly Claude Makelele. He's actually got a decent delivery on him, takes corners, free kicks etc. There's definitely some creativity in him.
He takes set pieces so that will always bump up stats, he does seem a decent signing for the future alleged fee, and at least he is young and can improve as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back