• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s talented as all get out but it’s more potential than quality at this stage, IMO.

Nunes didn't have a great season last year but it was nowhere near as bad as some make out and he has undoubted quality. He would've been a key player for us this season if he had stayed, churlish to suggest otherwise.
His actions will ruin any positive thoughts for a lot I think.

We had a shite season and he struggled at times and then the first chance to go and he is forming a picket line at Compton (I blame @darlowolf64 )

Nunes didn't have a great season last year but it was nowhere near as bad as some make out and he has undoubted quality. He would've been a key player for us this season if he had stayed, churlish to suggest otherwise.

He's clearly got bags of talent, and could be a top class player at City, but there really wasn't much evidence to suggest he would ever get close to that here. Too many games where he downed tools (not that he was alone in that) and for a player that cost as much as he did, that's not really acceptable.

He absolutely should have done more when he was here, regardless of the undoubted quality he has.

I'm perfectly comfortable with replacing a player who, despite undoubted quality, has frequently flattered to deceive and had no real interest in turning out for the club (as witnessed by him downing tools at the first sniff of outside interest) with players who don't have as high a ceiling but that might actually be willing to put some effort in on a consistent basis, personally.

He's clearly got bags of talent, and could be a top class player at City, but there really wasn't much evidence to suggest he would ever get close to that here. Too many games where he downed tools (not that he was alone in that) and for a player that cost as much as he did, that's not really acceptable.

He absolutely should have done more when he was here, regardless of the undoubted quality he has.
Johnny's original point was that we had downgraded. We absolutely have, regardless of whether he had an average season last year or not. We have less quality in our squad now than we did last season.

Equally, the downgrade is inevitable as we're essentially trying to fill 4 or 5 squad needs with a fraction of the proceeds from one sale.

We have downgraded in raw talent, yes, but it's yet to be seen if we've downgraded in squad balance.

Yes, but one of these little purlers could turn out to be as exciting as we hoped Fabio might be when he came.
Or it might just turn out to be like Fabio....
Only cheaper.

Johnny's original point was that we had downgraded. We absolutely have, regardless of whether he had an average season last year or not. We have less quality in our squad now than we did last season.
We might have downgraded on paper... but that's not where football is played.

Lemina, say, is a substantially worse technical player than Nunes is by pretty much any metric you care to name, but I know who I'd rather have turning out for us in midfield, and it's not Nunes.

We might have downgraded on paper... but that's not where football is played.

Lemina, say, is a substantially worse technical player than Nunes is by pretty much any metric you care to name, but I know who I'd rather have turning out for us in midfield, and it's not Nunes.
Completely different type of player.

Neves was replaced by Gomes before he left. We are replacing Moutinho and Nunes at the mo.
Gomes looks an excellent prospect to be replacing Neves, Replacing Moutinho and Nunes with just ok though isn’t going to cut it. Doyle has youth on his side at least.

Did I just miss the many consistent high quality performances from Nunes in a Wolves shirt?
Yeah, Pep buys shit players.

Nunes is a hugely more talented player than any we have or are going to buy.

I'm not impressed by Doyle, Reed and now Adams they're just so meh and scream Championship.

Adams is going to happen isn't it?
I wanted us to sign him from Blues, fair to say there is new information since then

Interesting that we've been linked with Elvedi all summer, he is still available but we have signed Bueno instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back