• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not impressed by Doyle, Reed and now Adams they're just so meh and scream Championship
Well in 9 months time you won't be able to have a go.at Hobbs for not preparing for the future...

Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 11.28.44 AM.png

August 31st last season. 0-0 at Bournemouth. Perhaps we've lost skill/ flair -but I'd say we're a better team.

If we sign Adams what does that mean for Fabio. I can't see us having 3 strikers

Assuming Sasa will be the main man

Reed has played 2 and a third seasons of top flight football btw. Okay for a Championship midfielder.

Talk of downgrading is premature. Neves has been replaced by Gomes so I’ll exclude him.

Hard to imagine any forward being less productive than Costa and Raul. Moutinho was a bit part player for 30 minutes max - great if he was only needed for that but as a starter he was on a pretty rapid decline. Traore - similar effectiveness as Raul and Costa. Collins - an almost guaranteed cock up every game. I know very little about the incomers but I’m 99.9% confident they will deliver more than that lot. As for Nunes, how many wouldn’t have been happy to get our money back at the end of last season. Overall aside from the manager not a downgrade and the jury is out on him.

Adams on loan is pretty low risk isn't it, whilst I'm very whelmed, I'd rather have him as an option than not.

Disappointing we haven't done better though.

I agree too, but (trying to be optimistic), I'm hoping there'll be more obvious quality coming in (even in the next couple of windows) to compliment the likes of Cunha and Sarabia.

The likes of Reed and Doyle could well turn out to be effective cogs in a 'greater than the sum of their parts' team/squad?

Reed has played 2 and a third seasons of top flight football btw. Okay for a Championship midfielder.
Djimi Traore has a champions league winners medal. I’m sure plenty wouldn’t have classed him as an elite player.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 11.39.50 AM.png

When Traore won the Champions League, this was our back line. I'd have taken Traore all day long.

And nobody is describing Reed as "elite."

I only hope GON is building a team, and not the collection of disinterested bellends we've seen lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back