• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we’re not thinking of letting Traore go?

If the Reed thing is serious, we’ve got too many CM’s.

Jury isn’t out on Gomes for God’s sake! He’s mustard.
He's very good. He's not played that many games and not been great the last couple.
I'm just cautious, if/when he or Lemina are injured or suspended, I feel it leaves us light in CM.

Lemina and Gomes are both likely to be out booked / injured at the same time at some point.

Traore and Doyle would be a very inexperienced midfield so i could see Reed as being a bit of an insurance policy and also someone who is happy to fight for their place.

It feels a bit like a nice to have rather than essential though. I'd still like a wide forward to come in

If we do are missing anything? Hardly kicked a ball for us since joining.
If we sign Reed or someone like him, I think that means Traore is rated more on here than he is at the club, in the here and now. Reports from Tuesday weren't great

I would be surprised if Flum let him go. Seems to play every game
I would and he's ok, not better than Lemina or Gomes though and the need is for an attacking midfielder/ wide man rather than yet another midfielder as TT has said.

Bellegarde would be the attack minded one I think. Have to double check his heat maps.

EDIT: Nope, I’m wrong.

Reed is so left field that I'm inclined to believe it's true on that basis. Not sure they'll be keen for him to go with Palhinha looking likely of leaving, though.

Harrison Reed can’t be True can it?
Neves and Nunes gone for big money and the best we can muster up is Harrison Reed…Let’s hope Gomes and Lemina don’t get injured or banned. I think I’d rather play Traore, Doyle or Hodge more and see how they develop. Just seems like wasted money and wages that could be used for more promising youngsters now or in the future. A very Mick McCarthy player, all effort little skill.

Feels very much a Lemina/Dawson type signing in that he'll be consistent, and cheap.

He’s a good solid player. Nothing spectacular but we don’t need spectacular at this stage, IMO. We need players who can help knit the spectacular together.

I'd be happy with Reed. Good player.

Only concern is that we rarely sign ginger players. Probably to do with shirt clashes.

Glenn Crowe and Robbie Slater are the only two who spring to mind and neither were great so hopefully he can buck the trend.

We came close to Steve Sidwell TBF. That was a long summer.

Sky Sports News reporting we're in talks now for £4m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back